[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: vcover.jpg (48KB, 297x500px) Image search: [Google]
vcover.jpg
48KB, 297x500px
Hey everyone, I'm rereading v by thomas pynchon and this time, I'm trying to make more of a conscious effort to understand everything that he's saying rather than just take it all in as it comes.

my question comes from this passage

"even as the N.O.B. band is playing Auld Lang Syne and the destroyers are blowing stacks in black flakes all over the cuckolds-to-be"

What did he mean when he said the "destroyers are blowing stacks in black flakes" it's on the 3rd page of the novel and I get that the destroyers could be random assholes in the bar but I have no real clue what he meant by that and I figured one of you would.
>>
unsubtle /pol/ thread
>>
The destroyers are the docked ships, the stacks are the smoke billowing from their funnels as they prepare to depart, raining ash on the sailors (cuckolds-to-be) who are departing and leaving their women who will be unfaithful in their absence.
>>
>>8607056
The sailors are at sea, made dirty by the ship exhausts while their wives are cheating on them back home
>>
>>8607063
>unsubtle /pol/ thread
I don't go on poll and I have no idea why any of what I asked could possibly have any relation to racism, sexism or any political ideology.
Since you decided to make the claim, can you expand upon it? Why does this appear to be a /pol/ thread to you?
>>
>>8607068
>>8607070
thank you.
>>
>>8607071
Ignore this idiot >>8607063

>>8607068
>>8607070
These anons know.
>>
>>8607084
ignore this idiot

>>8607071
i was memeing my man

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cuck
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473489616837.jpg (44KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473489616837.jpg
44KB, 720x537px
>>8607056
I finished the book a few days ago, I didn't find it as funny as TCoL49 but the less structured plotline and main characters were much more compelling. The chapter of Stencil impersonating several POVs was great although I didn't quite understand how Goldophin tied into the epilogue

Gravity Rainbow next bois?
>>
>>8607056

I started reading this book yesterday, it's my first Pynchon and honestly my first real "difficult" stream of consciousness style book. Been getting into literature about a year ago but I was reading classics and avoided the difficult modern stuff until now.

So far I think it's great, almost to the second chapter and so far everything is pretty confusing and surreal in a gritty way to me. The only thing is I know authors like Pynchon and Joyce use lots of irony and sometimes I have a hard time picking up on subtle literary and dramatic irony.
>>
>>8607114
haha my man such a funny meme you did back there haha KEK xD a familiar word in a literary text, oboy! it must mean pynchman was a /pol/ack after all! haha you really did a good job with that meme, i repeat GOOD JOB MY MAN
>>
>>8607190
nice meme
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.