[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who is the scaruffi of literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: piero0.jpg (12KB, 378x468px) Image search: [Google]
piero0.jpg
12KB, 378x468px
who is the scaruffi of literature?
>>
>>8606425
Scaruffi
>>
Bloom
>>
>>8606425
scaruffi thinks ummagumma is better than dark side of the moon.
>>
>>8606586
that's probably because it is
>>
Bloom is an OK choice, his railing against Harry Potter is akin to Scrauffi railing against The Beatles, but Scrauffi isn't a curmudgeon.
>>
>>8606663
I don't know, did you read his review of Swans' The Seer? He's basically one step away from saying "back in my day, Swans was actually scary. They don't make 'em like they used to. These kids don't know what they're missing."
>>
>>8606586
>>8606596
Meddle, you plebs.
>>
>>8606586
>>8607846
stop discussing shitty commercial pop music on /lit/, please
>>
>>8607802
He's not wrong.>>8607802
>>
>>8607855
You pleb

*twirls cape and walks off*
>>
File: scaruffi's best novels.png (30KB, 298x382px) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi's best novels.png
30KB, 298x382px
Discuss.
>>
>>8608158
pseud namedropping. it's obvious he hasn't actually read those books/the authors extensively.

>buddenbrooks
objectively worse than magic mountain, doctor faustus, and joseph
>red and the black
worse than charterhouse
>madame bovary
worse than sentimental education, temptation of saint anthony

>to the lighthouse
>the idiot
edgy contrarian choices. would be defensible as an idiosyncratic choice if not for his pattern of choosing the inferior work within an author's oeuvre
>>
>>8608158
He is so unfathomably pretentious, you can just tell that he doesn't mean this.
It's like he picks the right authors, but purposely picks the 'wrong' choices wherever it's possible, and keeps his 'right' opinions where you have no choice, eg. WH, Ulysses, Bovary
>>
>>8608172
>to the lighthouse
>contrarian
family...
>>
>>8608178
the waves is the accepted #1.

to the lighthouse is defensible but it's a minority choice.
>>
>>8608172
>>madame bovary
>worse than sentimental education
That's just like your opinion man
I love both though
>>
>>8608187
What? Isn't TTL like genuinely the academic consensus?
>>
>>8608158
Immaculate selection, as always. The only thing superior to scaruffi's taste is his ability to induce anal devastation amongst the plebs.
>>
>>8608172
>says that Madame Bovary isn't Flaubert's best
>then goes on to call HIM an "edgy contrarian"

Wew, lead-head.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.