[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about this man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: tmp_4967-tom_4b75857587.jpg (26KB, 240x336px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4967-tom_4b75857587.jpg
26KB, 240x336px
How do you feel about this man?
>>
he's black and a libertarian, so you know liberal economics are BTFO forever now aight
>>
File: piketty_0.jpg (123KB, 1500x1057px) Image search: [Google]
piketty_0.jpg
123KB, 1500x1057px
Chicken Soup for plebs. No real economist would read pleb shit like Sowell.

"Muh demand and supply" and "Muh liberty": the author.
>>
>>8606041
>>
>>8606041
>tries to put down Sowell knowing full well he's wrong
>posts meme ecnonomicts who is wrong.

I want /leftypol/ to leave.
>>
Thomas Sowell is one of the most impressively stupid people on earth.
>>
>>8606028
Great man, puts reds in there place.
>>
>>8606055
How's that?
>>
>>8606055

Please kitten, favor us with specific examples of Sowell's stupidity. Protip: you can't.
>>
>>8606052
>Piketty.
>Meme.

Pick one.

>Not subscribing to leftist economic thought while also being moderate/conservative on social policy.

Kys pleb.
>>
>>8606066
>>
>>8606066
Good post
Watch this>>8606071
>>
Thomas Sowell is probably the most important cultural inspector of the black condition. He has repeatedly shown how a culture of single-motherhood and economic dependence can erode a culture and negate a people to a almost caricature of the old racist stereotypes. (modern day rappers and wannabe revolutionaries)

Also note how no one can argue against him in this thread with facts, only muh conservative muh uncle Tom XD.
>>
>>8606028
he has a unique, subtly brilliant grasp on economics, if you take to the time to actually read his books (which are a bit of a drag, admittedly)

he has a knack for flipping lefty drones on their heads with their own lack of understanding of the topics the preach so much about. so he does result in some triggering
>>
>>8606064
>calls me a pleb
>posts krugman
>follows leftist economic thought

Good lord
>>
Thomas Sowell is an uncle Tom.
>>
the neil degrasse tyson of economics
>>
>>8606028
Itt: people saying Sowell is wrong and stupid without explaining why
>>
>>8606147
Becuz marxism is rad.
>>
Is Sowell actually relevant? A week ago I didn't know he existed and now I keep seeing him on Youtube and /lit/
>>
>>8606273
If you've just learned about Sowell a week ago, it might do you some good to read his most famous work, Basic Economics. I like Sowell, he's got some slant on him, but if you're lacking in economic foundation, he'll give you a nice read. You'll hear naysayers of "captitalocentrism", but you should ignore them until you understand how economics work theoretically. Read how social powers effect economy, after you've understand the rules of free-market economics.
>>
>>8606304
*capitalocentrism
*understood
>>
>>8606304
I've been reading Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson and have been doing other research. I've been a capitalist for a while now
>>
File: Pepelit.jpg (362KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Pepelit.jpg
362KB, 1106x1012px
Sowell is great. I loved his interview with Buckley Jr.

Very unpopular with the likes of >>8606041 however, who conveniently ignore the numerous flaws in their Marxist meme authors' meme works.
>>
>>8606144
More like the Bill Cosby of economics
>>
>>8606348
what do you mean by this
>>
>>8606359
Sowell is a known pimp
>>
>>8606041
>>8606055
>>8606086
>>8606144
Literally nothing but insults and memes.

Anyway, my biggest criticism of Sowell is that he's pretty hawkish on foreign policy.
>>
Bump, currently reading this, it's just refreshing to read about a nongenetic determined reason for racial disparity that actually makes lots of practical sense
>>
>>8606074
Making black people into state depending fatherless illiterate animals is the most racist thing since their slavery.
It assumes that a black person cannot learn, work, live a stable life and be a well adjusted member of society, but is a sort of a disabled person, who cannot live without the finamcial help made possible by 35 year old marxist whiteboi.
>>
>>8606074
>note how no one can argue against him in this thread with facts
How unlike other threads on this board. Must mean he's right.
>>
Most discussion of him ends up being 'he's le ebin black and conservative xdddd' or 'he's le ebin uncle tom xddd'. I doubt anyone here has read a significant amount by him. I've only seen a video of him discussing the great depression but I wasn't impressed.
>>
His study of Culture and its effects is top notch.
>>
>>8606041
LMAO

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-04/wealth-inequality-may-not-work-the-way-piketty-thinks

>>8606028
BASED

Second to Ayn Rand.

>>8606066
>>*******
>>
>>8606028
bland ass neoconservative interventionalist masquerading as an equally bland ass libertarian
>>
>>8607409
He may be bland but no one ever said the truth would be very interesting
>>
>>8606064
>he thinks you can combine cultural conservatism with welfarism

WEW
E
W
>>
>>8607481
>he thinks you can have cultural conservativism in a free market
W E W
>>
File: DEMOCRACY..png (323KB, 631x431px) Image search: [Google]
DEMOCRACY..png
323KB, 631x431px
>>8607514
>he thinks parasitic lifestyles and ill behavior are in any way shape or form tolerated or even invited under strict private property rights society

W E W

E

W
>>
>>8606904
>I've only seen a video of him discussing the great depression but I wasn't impressed.
good to know. i'll file this in my "anonymous intelligent opinions" folder
>>
>>8607522
>>8607514
>>8607481
postin in epic w e w train

W E W

E

W
>>
>>8607481
Capitalism destroys traditional values. The way right-wing economics often combines with conservative values in people is completely schizophrenic (just as the reverse is).
>>
>>8607522
>he thinks the market doesn't encourage such behaviors
W
E
W
>>
File: democracy 1.png (129KB, 447x459px) Image search: [Google]
democracy 1.png
129KB, 447x459px
>>8607540
>>8607550
State welfare destroys traditional values. see pic related and the next two posts please
>>
File: democracy 2.png (51KB, 441x197px) Image search: [Google]
democracy 2.png
51KB, 441x197px
>>
>>8607557
nice fantasy
but hey, the true free market has never been tried right?
>>
File: democracy 3.png (38KB, 450x142px) Image search: [Google]
democracy 3.png
38KB, 450x142px
>>8607561
:^)
>>
>>8607563
its funny because crime rates have been decreasing for a long time
but sure, there was no crime until the state existed and ruined the ancap utopia :^)
>>
I use my hands.
>>
>>8607566
they sure have in the inner cities :^)

Also, we are talking a priori here my friend. empirical evidence need not apply

>what is The Unheavenly City
>>
>>8607571
>empirical evidence need not apply
so why should i listen to you?
a priori the sky is green. prove me wrong
>>
>Be black
>Be moderately conservative
>Guaranteed job security for life going from gig to gig on conservative media outlets where whitey sucks your dick for being "one of the good ones"
And they say whites don't have it worse in this country
>>
>>8607580
>saying the sky is green a priori is equivalent to developing a philosophical/economic theory using foolproof logic

wew lad
>>
>>8607587
>the sky is green
>we know this because it is a priori true
sounds pretty foolproof to me
>>
Very decent, but more of a cultural critic than a theoretical economist, same goes for Walter Williams (which is better, by the way).
>>
I love Dr. Sowell and most of his work.
His story on working for the Department of Labor one summer and subsequently abandoning Marxism is golden.
>>
>>8607768

Where can I find this story?
>>
>>8607772
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYH66HznW0
>>
File: tumblr_mfnkkyXQh91rpwwsko1_500.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfnkkyXQh91rpwwsko1_500.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
Do you really REALLY want to k ow you fuvling faggm bitch well bete it us look at the image o uxw .h vjon on the man the blsxj man likes my chin so much
>>
>>8607786
That's actually pretty interesting.
>>
>>8607856
Dr. Sowell wrote a whole book on Marxism but I recommend you check out "A Conflict of Visions" where he talks about "ideological origins of political struggles."
>>
>>8607894
I honestly have little interest in economics of marxism, I get my necessary info from MacIntyre.
Sowell is someone I may check way down the line.
>>
File: 8132083_orig.jpg (60KB, 472x473px) Image search: [Google]
8132083_orig.jpg
60KB, 472x473px
>>8606064

Lmao at this Keynesian econlet. If the US didn't have military hegemony, currency seignorage and wasn't the prime architect of the Bretton Woods institutions this man would be a middle manager at a small accounting firm after turning america into a post soviet shithole.

>muh animal spirits
>muh welfare economics
>muh SDRs
>muh sticky prices
>muh broken windows
>muh fixed rates
>muh bergson criterion

Keynesians are why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>8607903
Check out interviews of him on CSPAN and at the Hoover Institution for a further primer of his ideas. His anecdotes are really very entertaining.
>>
>>8607933
I'll keep it in mind for when the time comes. My primary interest as far as non fic goes is thomism, mostly ethics and metaphysics.
>>
>>8607959
That sounds like a really interesting branch of theology. I would like to hear more from people with widely different views from mine. Here's my email: [email protected]
>>
>>8607984
It isn't actually very theological. It starts from Christian premises for certain things, but the system stands firm on its own and is reinforced by Christianity, assuming you accept it.
Check out Alasdair MacIntyre, After Virtue is the best aristotelian-thomist work on ethics of the past century.
>>
>>8607921
Why would you care about reality? Von mises specifically said praexology wasn't subject to empirical evaluations
>>
I'm glad Thomas Sowell exists so I can feel good about being a rich white asshole.
>>
>>8606028
dumb nigger with dumb nigger thoughts on how to be a dumb nigger in a society bled by dumb niggers and where a dumb nigger can draw a salary for writing books supporting policy against dumb niggers and their dumb nigger kids
>>
>>8608001
Thanks for the recommendation; I'll add it to my list. I'm trying to learn more about Christianity because I'm sweet on this religious girl from Wichita.
>>
Literally only talked about because he is black and some faggot wants to force him on here.
>>
>>8608039
MacIntyre probably isn't the choice you should make to get introduced to Christianity in general, but if you want to understand the contemporary philosophical stance of the Church, he's the right guy.
For a more general overview, Joseph Ratzinger wrote Introduction to Christianity which is also excellent.
>>
Lol I'm watching his latest video from the Hoover Institute and he just sidesteps the arguments

Bernie Sanders: Extreme wealth inequality has damaged Americans.
Sowell: Venezuela sucks now though.

BLM: Black people need more civil rights protection.
Sowell: I never heard a gunshot when I was growing up in the 1940's and I lived in a poor neighborhood.
White Guy Interviewer: *moans erotically*

Is this guy senile? I don't know enough economics to decide what form of resource distribution is the best but this guy isn't convincing me.
>>
>>8608065
Both are pretty decent answers desu.
It isn't an intellectual atmosphere, he's debating retards and the viewership is almost mostly dumb people.
>>
>>8608057
Much obliged.
Do you think growing my hair out and becoming more muscular (to resemble depictions of Christ) is right way to attract young religious women? I will learn about Christianity for my own sake.
>>
>>8608076
Those aren't answers though.

Sanders did not say we should be like Venezuela he said people were hurt by wealth inequality. The specifics I think are different.

Also the second isn't an answer either because comparing your childhood in a time where gun ownership was much lower to what is happening today doesn't make sense. He just gave a shitty anecdote and that faggy interviewer nodded his head thoughtfully and moved on to the next question.

This guy seems like a charlatan. A fraud whose commodity is good vibes for the aspirational 13% (especially minorities) so they don't need to feel bad for being so covetous.
>>
>>8608104
>Much obliged.
No problem, happy to help.
>Do you think growing my hair out and becoming more muscular (to resemble depictions of Christ) is right way to attract young religious women?
It isn't working for me desu. Usually, they are very interested in guys who don't want to have premarital sex, because they are rare and in high demand.
But they are usually dreadfully boring and the smarter ones are mostly taken.
>I will learn about Christianity for my own sake.
There's a lot of good stuff to read, once you finish this make a thread, /lit/ usually gives good recs.
>>
>>8608138
You are spot on about the premarital sex issue. The Christian girls I meet have all been confirmed virgins and firm prudes.
Christposters are one the pure joys and resources of this board left.
>>
>>8608014

>implying non-ontic praxis
>>
>>8608169
Yeah, /lit/ has a strange demographic, not sure why this place came to be the best Christian lit and philosophy recs.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.