[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are his books so well-liked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (48KB, 320x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 320x321px
Why are his books so well-liked?
>>
>>8605637
They appeal to braindead adolescents
>>
>>8605637
They're people who are caught in the vacuum of the aftermath of Wallace's suicide, desperate looking for Great American Authors to bring meaning to the void without realizing what exactly a void is.
>>
>>8605637
John Green is a gateway author of the worst kind. He’s a bad writer, with clusterfucks of story and characterization that aren’t very well done by any aspect, but attempt to compensate for their weaknesses by adding in excessive faggotry and CEREAL. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The wish-fulfilling characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the fellatio, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole Alaska faggotry and everything about John Green’s world's fuel their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on feminism, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.
John Green is basically THE writer to attract the most hated reader known to /lit/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no John Green threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
Poor man's James Joyce
>>
I really don't know. I used to watch some of his Youtube videos before I found out (I still watch some of them). And when I did, I was surprised. I can't say much about his books because the topic doesn't particularly interest me, but my impression would be that they are shallow and cheesy. Not that there isn't a place for that, people can read whatever the hell they want.
>>
>>8605660
It's ironic how all your shittalking of Green amounts to nothing of any real substance. Just saying.
>>
File: oh no.jpg (42KB, 622x469px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.jpg
42KB, 622x469px
>>8605715
tricked
>>
Seems pretty simple to me

>writes books about special snowflake teens who think their problems are complicated and sells them to special snowflake teens who think their problems are complicated
>>
Same shit everyday. Report and hide, boys.
>>
>>8605963
>announcing reports
Time for you to reread the global rules.
>>
Sage these shit threads.
>>
Remove John Green threads
>>
>butt fucking ugly
>talks like he's on all sides of the spectrum
>writes about being an ugly beta bitch

Other than that one book about cancer HOW is he so popular amongst teenagers of all people????????? What blows my mind the most is that every Green fanatic I've ever met shits on Catcher in the Rye.
>>
clearly they are enjoyable.
>>
>>8606607
because he shits on it, thus his followers shit on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqfThmVIIAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnQ-wOPGUE
>>
>>8606607
>ugly
No
>>
>>8605715
>not recognizing pasta
>>
>>8605637
Watch crash course on youtube for 5 seconds, you see the way he talks to people as if they're late teens? That's why his book sells to those people.
>>
>>8605655
Kek
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.