[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This week on /lit/ or shit: The Meursault Investigation, a Camus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: moonsault.jpg (16KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
moonsault.jpg
16KB, 260x400px
This week on /lit/ or shit:

The Meursault Investigation, a Camus fan fiction, won the 2015 Prix Goncourt (the top French literary prize).

Pseuds, spergs.. Discuss.
>>
>has arab protagonist
automatically shit
>>
Anybody actually read it?
>>
>>8606920
Yes you seem the type to instinctively crap yourself.
>>
>>8605584
>A tour de force
Do they even fucking try?
>>
>>8607113
I feel like it's an insult to a book if a reviewer calls it a "tour de force."
>>
>>8605584
I thought it was clever that it was written in the style of the fall and had echoes of the plague when describing the city. But take away the fact it uses the stranger as a foil and it's a pretty bog standard piece of 'colonial' lit. Mildly entertaining but not one which will stick as even a minor classic.
>>
>>8606948
>instinctively crap yourself
Sounds better than doing so deliberately.
>>
>>8605584
Not /lit/. The Goncourt has a history of shitting itself and, as a popular award with links to major publishers, its recipients are generally (though not always rightly) not too well regarded.
>>
Thought that said 'The Menstrual Investigation' lol
>>
>>8605584
>The Meursault Investigation, a Camus fan fiction, won the 2015 Prix Goncourt
No it didn't. Shit thread.
>>
Obviously shit, based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the original.
>>
>>8607434
This. Also fuck the postcolonial revisionist meme. It's pure cancer.
>>
>>8607474
Yeah fuck people seeing the world differently from how you were taught.
>>
>>8607482
They're not "seeing" shit is the point. Every postcolonial tumor is just "le evil whites r bringing the colored man down for centurees ;_;"

It takes absolutely no thought or effort and is little more than a political ploy.
>>
File: 1457045098224.png (220KB, 347x440px) Image search: [Google]
1457045098224.png
220KB, 347x440px
>hear about this book
>sounds like pure ressentiment
>I bet it opens with a bad parody of "Aujourd'hui, Maman est morte"
>look up preview on amazon
>read first sentence
>"Mama's still alive today"
>mfw
>>
>>8607664
I don't buy it and I don't want amazon to see me visit that book, someone pls check
>>
It didn't win the "prix Goncourt". It won the "prix Goncourt du premier Roman" a youth prize for "promising" new authors (read modern doxa-following SJW). Not that the prix Goncourt itself is that much better nowadays. Over time it has been lass and less about style and good prose and more about having the right ideological-leanings to please the jury.
>>
File: (51).png (126KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
(51).png
126KB, 399x388px
>a tour de force
>>
>>8607689

Found the French version: "Aujourd’hui, M’ma est encore vivante" = "Today, mummy is still alive". I think the English translation of the Camus original used "Mother" instead. Probably an attempt at humor.
>>
>>8607689
Confirmed.
>>
>>8607482
puhlease. what do you think they try to teach you in college? the post-colonial narrative is the one that requires unquestioning acceptance of authority for anyone educated beyond a high school level. below that its a battle between the church/family and the msm/social media, both vying for moral authority.

>>8607545
this. i understand the arguments of the sjw types; more often than not better than their proponents. Egalitarianism is nothing more than a religion for a godless people. Its precepts are shaky and its adherents are devoted.
>>
>>8607766
>>8607769
Holy.........
It really did sound like one of those /lit/ hack memes
>>
>>8607766
It also looks like the translator >>8607664
did a substandard job.
>>
>>8607796
It's no better or worse than the french version
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.