[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most /lit/ religion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: remi.jpg (242KB, 879x1021px) Image search: [Google]
remi.jpg
242KB, 879x1021px
What is the most /lit/ religion?
>>
File: overman.jpg (62KB, 608x336px) Image search: [Google]
overman.jpg
62KB, 608x336px
>>
>>8605282
Episcopalianism if you are American.
>>
Satanism, or slaaneshism for some extra /d/
>>
>What is the most /lit/ branch of Christianism

fixed that for you, op.
>>
>>8605282
Catholicism. They beat grammar into you
>>
Gnosticism and Druze.
>>
Televangelism
>>
>>8605282
Esoteric Hitlerism
>>
>>8605282
nihilist atheism, which is actually sad
>>
>>8605282
Taoism

Or:
Story magic, which I kinda sorta understand and am fascinated by and also scared of.
>>
>>8605821
>Story magic, which I kinda sorta understand and am fascinated by and also scared of.
explain plx
>>
Gnosticism/Kabbalism
>>
>>8605379
My grammar is fine and I(')m not a Catholic(.)
>>
Catholicism is most concerned with being intellectual.
>>
>>8605282
Gnosticism, calvinism, deism, confuciscism
>>
Elitism?
>>
>>8605914
Um.
I have no idea if this is codified... I have understood bits of it through Alan Moore's Promethea, and the series Unwritten. Other authors that I like have touched on it.
Loosely, I would describe it as the effect that fiction writers have on the actual direction of society. Mythology and fairytales have their place.
In practice, I would refer to my experience of telling a story to a child to affect their behavior and thoughts and perspective. On a larger scale, this has much more power.

It is quite difficult for me to put into words...
>>
Judaism. The whole religion revolves around autistic argument over the reading of a text, and the reading of the readings of a text, and the readings of the readings of the readings of a text.
>>
File: Orthodox Monks.jpg (15KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
Orthodox Monks.jpg
15KB, 300x215px
Orthodox Christianity
>>
>>8605972
Yeah, actually this is correct.

They also fetishize and ritualize writing their holy book to an amazing degree.

I mean, they are called The People of the Book.
>>
>>8605977
Orthodox Christianity cares about studying the older theologians more than Catholicism, but they're not really about scholarship-based enlightenment. They see prayer, love, fasting and stoic serenity as the best way to gain knowledge. All their writings are basically about pursuing that.
>>
>>8605282
No real answer, every religion can be /lit/.
It also depends on where you live, what's your mother tongue, etc. caring about your culture and roots is pretty /lit/ on itself.
>>
The meme answer is Greek Paganism
The contrarian answer is Christianity
The correct answer is Islam, because it has the greatest depth of literary scholarship
>>
File: 365.jpg (21KB, 225x322px) Image search: [Google]
365.jpg
21KB, 225x322px
>>8605282
Advaita Vedanta, of course.
>>
Hinduism or Catholicism
>>
File: dzUm1NQ.png (194KB, 1251x585px) Image search: [Google]
dzUm1NQ.png
194KB, 1251x585px
>>8605282
Catholicism, easy
>>
Real answer is atheism.

Technical answer is Gnosticism or Catholic/Orthodox Christianity
>>
>>8607351
Why Gnosticism, out of interest?
>>
>>8605920
>/lit/
>intellectual
>>
>>8608664
Definitely gnosticism. Lots of smug pricks pretending to know more about the deep mysteries, mostly just as clueless as the rest. Very /lit/.
>>
>>8605282
I am so sick of this thread
>>
>>8608688
Nice dubs.

Why do you think Gnosticism is so revered on this board, does it have some deeper meaning than later Christianity/Judaism or do people like it just because it is esoteric and obscure?
>>
If you mean what religion has the most provoking reading material, I would say Gnosticism, Catholicism, and Mahayana Buddhism. Then dive right into New Religious Movements. I really want to read The Word Appears in the Flesh, but I need to finish the Bible first.
>>
>>8608699
Good dubs yourself, although it's no 93

No idea if it is revered. I'm sure it's due to being weird, mystic lost knowledge and a great pyramid scheme where you can study yourself into being top, a more acceptable version of scientology. Hate the abrahamics as much as you like but at least they attempted to be egalitarian.
>>
File: Our Lord Dog.jpg (33KB, 845x450px) Image search: [Google]
Our Lord Dog.jpg
33KB, 845x450px
All praise Javahoe
>>
Jainism
>>
>>8608736
>Gnosticism
>pyramid scheme

>Abrahamics
>egalitarian

Literally the reverse
>>
Dick worship
>>
>>8605350
/lit/ is full of middle-aged lesbians?
>>
File: 薫梢01 by ヨルノトノ.jpg (120KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
薫梢01 by ヨルノトノ.jpg
120KB, 600x600px
>>8605282
>all these neo-neo-"Catholics"
>not the religion that literally had the creation and performance of literary masterpieces as the worship of the holy god Dionysus
>>
Time for a revival of Theosophy.
>>
Either Confucianism or Panentheism
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.