[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are her books good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

>>
Yeah.
>>
Read them and find out, you dingus.
>>
File: woolf.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
woolf.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
you mean her books?
>>
>>8603878
love it
>>
She is one of the greatest.
>>
>>8603857
If she was a man no one would ever care about her. It is the fact that women are so starved for good artists you only have to achieve half as much. Woolf's writing is beautiful but has zero substance. You can read twenty or thirty pages and get nothing out of it.
>>
>>8603857
read her and form your own opinion instead
i can guarantee you will not be wasting your time since you're already spending it making shit threads
>>
>>8603929
jesus christ
>>
>>8603929
And yet you have people on the opposite end of the ideological spectrum saying women need to achieve twice as much for the same recognition. Who should I believe? I guess I can settle for a happy medium: women should be held to the same standard as men.
>>
>tfw virginia woolf will never tie your hands to the bedposts and arduously spend her clitoris on your face
>>
>>8603857
Mrs Dalloway and To the Lighthouse are excellent. I couldn't get into Orlando. That's all I've read but there is another anon who regularly insists that The Waves is her best.
>>
>>8603857
I have read one, and I liked it.
Also, what >>8603867 said.
When somebody asks a question like this I'm reminded of Jesse Eisenberg's character in The Squid and the Whale.
>>
>>8603857
She was pretty cute.
>>
>>8604148
>Implying Jesse Eisenberg has ever played a character other than himself in every movie he has ever starred in.
>>
>>8604123
there are lots of anons (and critics) on insist that the waves is her best. and it is. see the latest /lit/ poll, last time i checked 14 different people included the waves in their top 5. orlando i would rank second, followed by to the lighthouse.
>>
>>8603857
Morbid, solipsistic psychosis.

possibly the most overrated writer in the English language

Misanthropic dramatization of discontent, disconnection, and depression is NOT profundity. See DFW for a modern equivalent.

Wholly irrelevant as a stylist if you've read Faulkner.

Hard pass.

The Waves is an okay children's book.
>>
>>8603857
Yeah they were, To The Lighthouse is amazing
>>
>>8604438
Nabokov pls go and stay go
>>
>>8604560
no it isn't
>>
>>8604600
It is, stop being a whack nerd and read dope books
>>
>>8603929
>posts on a board that admires Wacky Meme men
>>
>>8603878
>20 minutes into Modernism and chill and she gives you this look
>>
>>8603857
Yes
>>8603878
No

The Waves best waves
>>
What's good by her apart from the big-3: Orlando, Waves, TTL and let's throw in Dalloway even though it's a piece of shit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.