[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I live a Egoist- Anarchist Lifestyle? Become a vagabond?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (11KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 218x231px
>>
>>8603177
You don't. Egoist-anarchism is not egoistic: it is spooked.

Even being an egoist is ultimately spooked. Stirner said as much.

The only thing to do is what you please. This might appear to be spooky as fuck, or it might not, but it doesn't matter because caring about such things is spooked.

For example, you might feasibly join a nationalist death squad if that's what got your socks off. Or become an ascetic, whatever.
>>
>>8603183
What if joining Egoist anarchism gets my socks off?
>>
>>8603186
Then it's egoistic.

However, you'd almost certainly have to build it from the ground up, unless you happen to be Italian, in which case you have to build it from slightly above the ground.

Also, dealing with the law's going to be a bitch. You're despooked, so you don't care about following or defiantly not following those fascist pigs, but presumably you'll want to be illegalist if you want to go egoist-anarchism.
>>
Any good illegalist literature?
>>
>>8603204
Not really. They mostly just used Ego as their Bible. There's some stuff by Italians in anarchist library.
>https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/renzo-novatore-toward-the-creative-nothing
>>
>>8603177
>Become a vagabond?
Only if that alligns with your interests and not those of ideals you hold above yourself.

>Even being an egoist is ultimately spooked. Stirner said as much.

Have you got a quote on this?
>>
>>8603211
I want to see the world and not be held back by spooks like private property, yes I want to be a vagabond.
>>
>>8603186
If it truly was, you wouldn't need to ask how to do it.
>>
So is egoism basically self-interest as ultimate virtue?
>>
>>8603211
No, because I am lazy, but there's two ideas:

1. the standard "ego as a spook" refrain, that furthering "the ego" instead of your actual ego is spooked—ex. fighting for individualism is not egoistic, it is spooked.

2. it's not that you SHOULD be an egoist, it's just that egoism is most rational. Obeying it as an ideal is letting it become a "fixed idea"—becoming spooked.
>>
>>8603238
No, see >>8603254: not a virtue, just "correct".

Also: "self-interest" has a meaning wildly different to how we normally use it. Sacrificing yourself to save your puppy would be an example of Stirner's self-interest, as long as it is YOU that believes keeping the puppy alive is more important to YOURSELF than dying.

This is where his concept of property creeps in; property deliberately has the double meaning of "a thing or things belonging to someone" AND "an attribute, quality, or characteristic of something". The idea is that the dog is your property because it only exists (to you; Stirner wasn't a solipsist) by making itself part of you, by coming to you through your perception and emotions and so on. The dog's death would cause pain to yourself, you see? And it is not irrational to prefer death to pain.

This applies to everything else, thus literally everything is your property.
>>
What lifestyle am I living?

>wake up
>meant to be meeting a tinder girl for a hookup
>nervous so have a shot of rum with breakfast and another shot before I leave
>go to her house
>her ex is there too and it's really awkward
>they go into the bedroom to get changed but I hear them fucking
>get bored so I piss on the carpet and leave
>go to the pub; drink and chat with the bartender for half an hour
>go home and feel depressed because the one I love hates me and I'll probably never see her again
>>
>>8603298
A spooked one.
>>
>>8603324
Well, it's not like 99.9% of people aren't spooked...
>>
What is the best way to become a vagabond these days?
>>
>>8603805
Go to Thailand and become a monk.
>>
>>8604122
what if i can only speak english?
>>
>>8604149
Go to Thailand and become a monk.
>>
>>8603805
you could busk, play music, or integrate yourself into contemporary circles of hippies, pagans, anarcho punx and the like. you'll be hopping trains, hitch hiking and stealing your way across america in no time
>>
>>8603177
>How do I live a Egoist- Anarchist Lifestyle?

Do what you always do, just know why you're doing it.
>>
Are there any similarities between Stirner's "spooks" and Zizek's "ideology"?
>>
>>8604171
basically this. did it for a year. then i found out God exists and i'll tell ya there are no more spooked people than anarcho-punx and hippies.
>>
>>8605464
Was it fun?
>>
>>8605493
hmmmm yes and no, because nothing ever satisfied my will, i drowned out my despair with vice and while that may be considered "fun" there is always an underlying sense of dread in everything, anguish and boredom that eats at the core while your external self is stimulated. ennui. it is impossible to escape yourself.
>>
File: 670130.png (73KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
670130.png
73KB, 700x700px
The point Stirner is trying to make is that it's fine for you to be whatever. If you believe he's telling you to quit your job or stop believing in God then you haven't understood that such a You is as much an institution as the State or the Church, one put in place so it can be compared to others and past instances of its trail, so that you can be told that's not the real You and so on, so that you can play the part of a chastised or praised individual; which is ridiculously dramatic when you understand how arbitrary what separates you from everybody else is.

To want to be an Egoist is not to have set your affair on Nothing. It is to not understand all your actions fall in accordance to your Might. It's to either ask of yourself what you aren't or you already are. If you have a problem in your life then solve that instead of bothering yourself with something else. But if you find that the life of a stray suits you then go for it; you might be interested in the life of Tsuji Jun if that's the case.
>>
File: stirner.gif (17KB, 186x200px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.gif
17KB, 186x200px
>>8603177
DAE SPOOKS LMAO
>>
>>8603177
literally just b urself
>>
>>8603276
>And it is not irrational to prefer death to pain.
no, it is just being hedonistic
>>
>>8606254
is that Schubert
>>
Lmao you have to not be a loser. Not even being in the 1% is good enough to live a non cuck lifestyle. Dont bother asking a bunch of 99%er humanity major nerds how to be a fucking egoist.
>>
>>8606288
it's a meaningless statement anyway. Something is irrational only if an action doesn't follow from your motivation. If you have the mxime that pain is worse than death, it's not irrational. If your maxime is that death is worse than pain, then acting in a way that kils you to avoid hurt is irrational.

Irrationality isn't just a freefloating concept that you can meassure shit against without context.
>>
>>8606398
he said, implicitely spookily.
>>
>>8603298

>You get the luxury of a bartender who will talk to you

Should I just end it?
>>
>>8603183
>tfw egoist Roman Catholic
>>
>>8603177
can you be unhappy while also being unsooked?

>>8606644
it makes sense that there is no picture attatched
>>
>>8606646
I got dubs though
>>
>>8606288
That's the kind of logic that leads to everyone being hedonistic.
>>
>>8606646
>that
>feel
>when
D'you see a face in there?
>>
>>8606841
yes and there is nothing wrong with hedonism, unless you want to be happy
>>
File: Ayn-Rand-.png (346KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
Ayn-Rand-.png
346KB, 451x451px
You live for yourself and don't live for any ideology or philosophy.
Deciding not to do anything because you deem something to be a spook is a spook in of itself. It simply refers to anything that might stop you from doing something, like a duty, a duty to ideas.

Live for your own rational self interest and do whatever you want that can give you happiness.
>>
>>8603204
Renzo Novatore, Bruno Fillipi
>>
>>8603183
This to be honest.

Just b yourself.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.