[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Naked Lunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 614h0wOZHeS.jpg (110KB, 827x1200px) Image search: [Google]
614h0wOZHeS.jpg
110KB, 827x1200px
Thoughts on this book?
>>
>>8602615
Fantastic book. I see its influence everywhere.

I'd be curious to hear who /lit/ thinks influenced him.
>>
>>8602657
>>8602657
Ginsberg, Miller, Beckett, Rimbaud...
Because I Googled it.
>>
>>8602615
I can think of two things wrong with that title.
>>
>>8602615
Dribble. Garbage.

Worthless.

Boring.

Not even written by him.

Not a statement, not a movement, not an influence. Pretentious garbage. Anti-culture. Anti-literature.
>>
>>8602615
absolute edgelord garbage. heroin gay ass fucking bugs crazy doctor. trash. you wanna read some good edgelord nonsense read travesty or the atrocity exhibition
>>
>>8602657
>>8602667
pynchon obviously
>>
>>8602615
It's unpleasant and incoherent. Read a quarter of it if you're curious. Then set it down indefinitely, it doesn't get better.
>>
Bretty gud, check out the nova trilogy if you liked it.

If you want something more coherent check out the red night trilogy.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-10_00-58-37.png (1MB, 1242x663px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-10_00-58-37.png
1MB, 1242x663px
>>8602615
She didn't even finish it
>>
>>8602720
Who?
>>
>>8602726
No idea. I searched youtube for it to find that piece with him reading from it.

I found meme girl with her batman, her ponies, her NES, her Star Wars and her leaf accent and heard she got upset by 50 pages of orgies.

I'm just being a snob.
>>
>>8602740
Link?
>>
>>8602761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI15XHND6hU

Nothing special. The book is undoubtedly repulsive and it's perfectly right of her to dislike it.

Reeee
>>
fucking great. it's basically impressionism set to literature, but about gay sex and drugs rather than french sunsets.
>>
>>8602783
let's settle on pointillism
>>
File: lol_burroughs.jpg (78KB, 465x383px) Image search: [Google]
lol_burroughs.jpg
78KB, 465x383px
>>8602669
who do you think wrote it?

Ginsberg?

Gysin?

... his wife?

.. before he shot her?
>>
>>8602792
it doesn't have enough dots to be pointillism.

i liked it. the County Clerk is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>8602615
there are at least two things wrong with that title
>>
garbage. beats "literature" is worthless
>>
>>8602720
That whale didn't finish lunch
>>
>>8602615

Great book, way ahead of its time. Burroughs was a brilliant guy. People who get hung up on the dirty stuff and then say that its edgy/try-hard/trash are really missing the forest through the trees IMO.

also this >>8602657
>>
>>8603853
Well said sir
>>
>>8602777
>The book is undoubtedly repulsive and it's perfectly right of her to dislike it.
her opinion is dismissed due to the fact she didn't even finish it. you can tell the book had an everlasting triggering effect on her. fucking weak minded woman
>>
>>8602657
Definitely Beckett. Burroughs must have loved his trilogy.
>>
>>8604262
Fanks
>>
>>8602615
It's word salad.
>>
>>8602615
What did /lit/ make of the movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yzy8VNehk8
>>
>>8602671
>heroin gay ass fucking bugs crazy doctor. trash

is this some early Nick Cave song
>>
>>8602676
not even passable bait
>>
>>8604504
kek
>>
>>8604494
there are some books that can't be made into movies. at least not well. Naked Lunch is one of them.
>>
>>8606387
The Naked Lunch movie is fantastic. It's an adaptation of Naked Lunch in the way that Adaptation is an adaptation of The Orchid Thief.

I highly recommend it.
>>
>>8606387
>>8607342

Also, by the same director, I'd recommend his adaptations of Cosmopolis by Don Delillo and Crash by J.G. Ballard.
>>
>>8602615
it's hilarious
>>
>>8607384
Cronenberg is /lit/ as fuck. There's also A Dangerous Method about Jung and Freud, and Videodrome heavily influenced by McLuhan. Plus he wrote a novel.
>>
>>8607384
>>8607497
Crash is the second most boring movie I've watched, after Lost in Translation. It relies entirely on shock value except it forgets to be shocking. Cronenberg's only good movie is The Fly.
>>
>>8607384
Is the Cosmopolis movie really worth watching? I read the book but it was so boring and pointless, it wasn't worth the time it took to read it.
>>
>>8607515
I haven't seen Crash since I watched it at 3am on IFC while in middle school so I won't comment, but how the fuck can you dislike Videodrome, Dead Zone, Eastern Promises, even Maps to the Stars?
>>
>>8602615
It was fun, funny even, it's also amusing to me that people find it uncomfortable to read.

The fellow who lent me it was actually thoroughly perturbed by the thing, he was surprised that I read it through.
>>
>>8604494
Liked it, great companion to the book (I can't understand why more adaptations aren't done with that sort of outlook)
>>
>>8606387

Jodorowsky could pull it off if he stuck to the script
>>
does burroughs write about anything besides trying to score heroin and banging little boys bums in mexico?
>>
>>8608529
>if he stuck to the script

Fat chance of that happening; the man views the scripts of others as hoards to plunder, not relics to preserve.
>>
>>8608540
Language as an extraterrestrial virus and cryptic agents
>>
>>8608551
>relics to preserve.
scripts shouldn't be relics to preserve to any director
>>
>>8602719

nova trilogy is a lot of fun, essentially continuation of naked lunch
>>
>>8602615
Damn. It sucked. Not absurd.
>>
>>8607342
"Naked Lunch movie is fantastic."

> No County Clerk
> No Dr Schaeffer's Giant Centipede
> No Loveable A.J and his purple-assed baboon
> No Lesbian in a papier mâché Arc de Triomphe singing the Star Spangled Banner

dropped.
>>
>>8608529
Jodorowsky would film all of the parts where someone took a shit and ignore everything else.

that's his thing, and that's his business, but that doesn't mean i have to watch it.
>>
>>8609949
Like I said, it's not an exact adaptation.
You'll have to watch it to understand.
>>
>>8608552
What?
Expand upon this please.
>>
>>8611160
It's all in the nova trilogy friend. Burroughs conceives of language (as well as drug addiction and other 'systems of control') as viruses that latch onto their hosts (humans) and dictate their behavior. There's also a lot about strange intergalactic agents, some of whom try to fight against this, some of whom try to facilitate it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.