[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cozy reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (6KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 197x256px
What's your cozy reading set up, /lit/?
Mine:
>morning
>hammock
>cafe au lait
>>
>comfyfags now saying cozy as if that makes any difference
kill yourself
>>
>>8602343
>kill yourself
Now, that's not cozy OR comfy.
Tea?
>>
>>8602334
>couch right next to the bookshelves
>lots of blankets and pillows
>nice candle going
>sunny outside with the blinds angled just right where it makes the whole room a dampened kind of bright
>>
currently swathed in blankets reading midwich cuckoos and giggling to myself about three times per chapter. i'm taking a break though as it has turned warm again and i need a bit of a stretch and perhaps a mug of coffee. 7.8/10 on the comfy scale regardless, though perhaps a bit too cozy
>>
Cheap Wal-Mart foldable picnic table in my room with a metallic foldable chair also from Wal-Mart. No lamp, just my room light. Maybe a cup of coffee but that's about it. I find that I can't enjoy what I read if I'm too comfortable.
>>
>>8602364
Well, slap my ass and call me Sally! That sounds mighty uncomfortable.
How do you read for more than 15 minutes?
>>
>>8602364
Same with me. I don't own those chairs but use a regular kitchen chair and my dining table. Cool beans. Also love to read in food courts and shitty coffee shops/cafeterias. I will seriously read some 80 pages nonstop before I get uncomf.
>>
File: 1475469680010.gif (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475469680010.gif
131KB, 640x480px
>>8602334
I remember when I was a kid, I used to sit on the back stairs where an oval window let the light fall just right to warm the area. I would sit there curled on the steps for hours, often times with a warm drink. The stairs were carpeted so the were fairly comfortable, and the golden color of the carpet made the entire stairway a lovely ocher. Sometimes birds would come and land on the sill and I could watch them up close. I would occasionally look up from my book to just watch the wind blow through the tops of the short trees standing just outside.

We also lived on the edge of the woods, and a short walk from my backyard beneath the trees the was a bridge over a small ravine, through which a tiny brook flowed. I would sit on the edge of the bridge in the fall and read while the wind blew around and the sound of leaves blowing made me sleepy. Neighborhood cats would come around and rub against me to be petted or to catch birds and squirrels, who would often break the silence by calling to one another or dropping nuts from the trees.

To this day, I have yet to find a reading spot to match these two, I am sorry to say.
>>
>>8602974
>We also lived on the edge of the woods, and a short walk from my backyard beneath the trees the was a bridge over a small ravine, through which a tiny brook flowed. I would sit on the edge of the bridge in the fall and read while the wind blew around and the sound of leaves blowing made me sleepy. Neighborhood cats would come around and rub against me to be petted or to catch birds and squirrels, who would often break the silence by calling to one another or dropping nuts from the trees.

Going to do something like this in 2017. I wasted this years summer.
>>
>morning
>share my loveseat with dog
>cortado
>>
>>8602334
My best reading experiences have been those when I have just finished my morning shower and get back in my jimmy jams for some bed reading. The window in my room is directly behind my bed, so I just open the curtains and window for the light and relaxing bird song. I do this every day that I don't have to go to University.
>>
>>8603010
It also has to be before breakfast, with a glass of water to sip. I read much better without aftertastes in my mouth.
>>
>>8602987
If you can, I'd recommend doing it now. Fall is the best time for being outside. You won't be sweating and can dress comfortably. If its cold, you can bring a nice thermos of something warm to drink.

Summer is pleasant too, but reading outside is best in Fall.
>>
> propped on sofa with two pillows and a soft blanket
> kitten sleeping next to me
> rishi earl grey tea with a splash of vanilla soy milk
> afternoon sun makes the room glow
>>
>>8603010
I wish the birds in my area were relaxing. I swear Australian birds just scream, rather than sing. Doesn't exactly make for a relaxing ambience.
>>
>>8603137
>Vanilla soy milk
My nigga
>>
>>
File: jamesjohnson06.jpg (124KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
jamesjohnson06.jpg
124KB, 1000x750px
>>
>>8603169
doesn't look very comfy tbqh
>>
File: joven decadente.jpg (150KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
joven decadente.jpg
150KB, 720x600px
I alternate between my bed, leather recliner, or wooden rocking chair outside. Switching it up keeps me awake, but there's nothing like slowly falling asleep with a book.
>>
>>8603137

>Soy

Enjoy your elevated estrogen levels.
>>
>>8602334

I usually just read in a nice swivel chair on my laptop desk with a cup of tea next to me.

Also what is your reading schedule like while we're on the discussion of cozy reading set up? I always usually try and do 80 pages in the morning, afternoon and evening.
>>
>>8603010
This is me to a T, even the window behind the bed. Only difference is I read with my breakfast, having something to chew on helps me focus.
>>
>>8602334
me and the missus has an interlocking way of laying on the sofa. sofa is opposite the fire place. irish turf is the cosiest smell in the world.
>>
I make coffee, open the blinds, and lay in bed. You lads are a bunch of queers.
>>
>afternoon
>chair under a tree out of view of the house
>black coffee
>cigarettes
>>
File: comfy2.png (609KB, 638x551px) Image search: [Google]
comfy2.png
609KB, 638x551px
>wake up early but naturally on a day where I don't have classes or early plans
>mildly hazy from getting stoned the night before
>have patrician shower with barely hot water
>cleanse entire body with almost-full bar of unscented dove soap
>wash hair with comfy scented chemicals made by Aveda plant extracts
>dry myself with a fresh towel
>dress myself in coziest Adidas track pants, plain shirt, plain hoodie (all washed the day before)
>walk to local coffee shop, order a large dark roast (after having avoided caffeine for the last 48 hours)
>return home in perfect synchronicity with the cooling of my drink so I can sit down on my couch and drink it while reading books found through /lit/ charts

I can feel my heart melting. Today was one of those days because Canadian Thanksgiving. Wednesday will be one of those days. Friday will be one of those days.

Reading about some surprising chaotic news story from somewhere around the world or finding a particularly cozy thread on here or /his/ helps too.
>>
>>8602358
Now that's fukn cozy

>porch at around 6:30 a.m. with a cappuccino
>>
>night
>rain tapping on window
>comfy chair in studio apartment
>well-worn sweatpants and slippers
>sleepytime extra tea
>>
>>8605208
Too cozy.
I am now jealous.
>>
On an armchair next to a lamp in the living room. Would be amazing to have a study one day though.
>>
>>8602365
*slaps ass*
hey there sally.
>>
I remember reading the Dragonlance Twins series out by my parents inground swimming pool while high out of my mind on weed every day one summer back in the early 90's. It was amazing watching the sunlight play in the water and diving in to take a dip. I have not smoked pot in over ten years now.

My friend used to play Dungeons and Dragons with me and I bought these crystal water blue dice set to use.

I cannot remember a more comfy, cozy reading experience in my life.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.