[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've done it lit, I think I've reached genuine happiness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 1475889653720.png (122KB, 281x314px) Image search: [Google]
1475889653720.png
122KB, 281x314px
I've done it lit, I think I've reached genuine happiness
>>
>>8601536
you wouldn´t post here, if this was true!
>>
>>8601540
why not?
>>
>>8601536
I'm happy for you. You'll never be this happy. And if that makes you happy, then I'm happy.
:)
>>
>>8601536
How can I reach this happiness?
>>
>>8601541
if you are happy, you wouldn´t care about what others say!

you still seek for a prove of your happiness
>>
how
>>
>>8601556
He kill hisself
>>
I'm very glad for you, congratulations OP. I'm being serious. This made me feel good to read.
>>
>>8601536
you mean the dfw kind of genuine?
>>
>>8601536
>treating self-delusion as some sort of accomplishment

>>>/v/
>>
>>8601556
He kill hisself
>>
>>8601591
Acknowledging nihilistic beliefs is a step, but overcoming being all gloomy about it is undoubtedly one of the hardest. Not impossible though,its morally flawed

>>8601554
Why do you think sharing something means I'm seeking validation?
>>
>>8601536
but anon yer never happy
>>
>>8601619
it's a step for sure, in the wrong direction.
also, being gloomy for no reason is a choice. being gloomy about something that happened a year ago is also a choice.

there's nothing to overcome but your choice to be gloomy so no it's actually pretty easy as long as you don't subscribe to the "I NEED TO BE OVERLY HAPPY AND CONTENT IN THE MOMENT NOW BE IN THE MOMENT URGH AM I NOT IN THE MOMENT" movement or its many variants.
>>
>>8601554
I don't understand this meme. It always feels like somebody cant take shittalk with a grain of salt and comes to the conclusion that all reception is worthless because it isnt objective.

Its why I especially cant take rappers seriously, especially when they think a few million dollars is a lot of money.
>>
File: 1476052447256.png (3KB, 274x261px) Image search: [Google]
1476052447256.png
3KB, 274x261px
>>
>>8601536
Anyone else concerned by the fact that DFW had that "this is water" speech about how liberal arts help you cope with the everyday wear and tear of existence, yet suffered from chronic depression and killed himself in the end? It just shows how limited discourse can be in the long run.
>>
>>8601652
Why are you assuming happiness has correlation between a need to be trendy and "in the moment"
>>
>>8601795
>variants
the longing for a type of happiness (the "genuine" kind lol) that will never come isn't confined to the popular space.
you see it in literature too, worded a lot more eloquently and tragically taken a lot more seriously.

if you're happy that's great enjoy it while it's there but in case you haven't realized, there's no such thing as genuine happiness. there's only times where you pretended to be happy and that's what you should cut back on if anything.
>>
It will go away sooner than you think
>>
>>8602534
Yeah, soonest, browsing here in /lit/
>>
>>8601745
I think about this too often.
>>
>>8601536
daniel jackson?
>>
>>8601745

DFW's discourse was inspirational but fundamentally flawed.
>>
Reminder: It's possible to will your own happiness. It's possible to actually just make it come out of your heart like you're pumping water. It's extremely easy to do.
>>
>>8602937
What do you mean exactly? Was if flawed because it was too optimistic or do you have something more precise in mind?
>>
>>8602975
not that guy but it wasn't even so much optimistic as it was idealistic. just watch his interviews he acts like he's playing a character.
>>
>>8601591
It actually is though.

t. Trying to resurrect God
>>
>>8601536
please post a step by step walkthrough
>>
Lol pretty funny OP, you've reached genuine happiness but you still feel the need to post it on an anonymous message board like a badge of faggotry. Uh huh
>>
>>8602941
I don't think I've ever read a post on /lit/ that has been more absolutely and unequivocally wrong
>>
>>8601716
It's cute that you think this gambit will work
>>
>>8604263
what does it mean? sry im dum pls no bully
>>
hey good for you.

dont fuck it up now
>>
>>8601554
how does that follow? "If you were happy, you wouldn't care about X" - No, if you were happy, you'd be happy while caring about X, and the impact it would have if you were disappointed would be to an extent that didn't substantially hinder, but affirm your happiness.
>>
>>8601745
ad hominem
>>
>>8601609
>>8601571
He kill hisself
>>
>>8603127
He was.

t. fellow fraud
>>
DFW wanted to encourage people to be good and kind and reflect and think consciously about how they behave. He knew pain and despair. He also knew, like i think every person that reflects on his own behaviour, and DFW did that a lot, will realize his own nastyness.

People who try to display DFW's as a egocentric asshole and a self-important person, can't have read much of his work. What stands out in his works is an almost infinite (meme) amount of empathy. That he wasn't without flaws is obvious, but almost no fiction writer that i've read examines them as harshly as he did. (Especially in Brief Interviews with Hideous Men).
>>
if you did you wouldnt have posted a dfw picture, you would have posted jontathan franzen who is still alive.
>>
>>8601536
that's just too cute
>>
>>8604395
So what? If I were to rephrase it as "some people suffer from chronic depression and kill themselves" the problem would still be the same.

>>8603127
Well the problem is that it didn't work since we're all in some sense playing a character.
>>
>>8604253
>i'm dead inside
>>
>>8604737
trying to be jesus is nice and all but to actually attempt to do so is definitely egocentric, self-important and more than anything else, incredibly stupid.
being self-conscious is good in doses, thinking it's noble to be constantly self-conscious and to scrutinize yourself is naive and dangerous. blaming yourself for the world is retarded as fuck.

and even on his self-serving naive stupid quest to be the a post-modern jesus he managed to fuck other mens wives, even threatening to kill the husband of one of the wives.

it's always funny how many apparent intellectuals and rationalists who consider themselves above "the herd"(religious people, cult members etc) will mindlessly follow as long as the rhetoric is catered to their narcissistic sense of intellect.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.