[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Three enter. One leaves. Who gets the intellectual heavyweight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: LandZizekMolyneaux.png (226KB, 636x282px) Image search: [Google]
LandZizekMolyneaux.png
226KB, 636x282px
Three enter. One leaves.

Who gets the intellectual heavyweight crown between these three philosophers?
>>
File: slavojzizek.jpg (452KB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
slavojzizek.jpg
452KB, 2500x1667px
>>8601309
Land and Molyneaux spend half the time picking apart minor inconsistencies in each others' theses while Zizek sneaks up behind and fists them
>>
all three are ideology shills, who dupe their audience, so idk
>>
hopefully all of them die
>>
Molyneaux becomes confused and faints while Zizek tires Land to death explaining each blu ray and DVD on his shelf and whether or not its special features are worthwhile.
>>
My cumshot lands on Molyneaux's face complete with logical fallacies.
>>
if anyone genuinely believes molyneux is an intellectual then we have truly found a universal test for autism
>>
in ops pick land is the only one of transcendental photo quality and doesnt look like a bloated pixel, implying heavy ascent beyond the mortal plane and overcoming of man nad all that is beyond
>>
>>8601309

None of them are intellectual heavyweights.
>>
>>8601309
Zizek, no contest.
>>
Stirner
>>
File: BaGbZPe.jpg (93KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
BaGbZPe.jpg
93KB, 640x628px
>>8601320
one critiques, two react
big difference
>>
>>8601317
/Thread

Although Land is already a fucking retard he's still ahead of Molyneux by a longshot
>>
File: angery.jpg (25KB, 335x268px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
25KB, 335x268px
FUK U
>>
>>8603021
not an argument :^)
>>
>>8601317

Zizek contradicts himself all the fucking time.

>my gott, are we are, the left has no real solutions! they're fukuyamaists basically
>stupid technocrats! what we need is no solutions now, we need to think!

While Land's vision is much more holistic, and dare I say, realistic... And maybe what we need.
>>
>>8603047

>*are we aware
>>
inb4 post replying to everyone in thread
>Not an argument
>>
>>8603047
>Zizek contradicts himself all the fucking time.
This is what makes him great, he's not a beta socratic nerd
>>
>>8601309
>a sci-fi hack, a charlatan and a cult leader
Gee, nice options.
>>
>>8603047
>Dare I say
Kek
>>
>>8601309
I mean Zizek is pretty legit for being a pop-hipster icon.
>>
>>8603002
All critique is reactionary tardbrain
>>
>>8603236
How's Zizek a charlatan?
>>
>>8603285
plebs think he's a charlatan because they don't actually understand kant, hegel, heidegger and lacan like he does, so he seems confusing to them
>>
>>8601309
Top Zizzle seems to be the only one with his own line of meme T-shirts, so I guess him
>>
>>8603007
not a le argument
>>
>>8603314
No:
>he's a charlatan because
... he uses psychoanalysis a defunkt pseudoscience.
>>
ONE
>>
>>8603416
But he is not doing science. I'm actually with >>8603314 even if he is kinda reactionary actually. Anyway is a good entry-contemporary standpoint. Not everyone can (specially if man/white/heterosexual) start with Butler.4
>>
>>8601309
> anarchocapitalism

Like, really?
>>
>>8603448
>communism
>neo-reaction
Like, really?
>>
In order of being right: Molyneux > Land > Zizek
In order of writing entertaining stuff: Land > Zizek > Molyneux
>>
>>8603454
Yeah of course Zizek is neither perfect (he can even be reactionary as I said before) but if you think he is even comparable to some shitty Molyneux, well...ara
>>
>>8603468
Kek
>>
>>8603448
>anarchocommunism
Like, really?
>>
>>8601309
Zizek and Land have an interesting if meme-laden conversation, Molyneux gets upset because he doesn't understand what they're talking about and throws a tantrum shouting about howthey want him shot and only gave him one dollar
>>
Molyneaux is Maddox/Nietzsche tier. Zizek in a coma could shut him up.
>>
File: 1439380392694.png (34KB, 852x674px) Image search: [Google]
1439380392694.png
34KB, 852x674px
Zizek.
>>
File: zizcoat.jpg (25KB, 480x273px) Image search: [Google]
zizcoat.jpg
25KB, 480x273px
>>8603047
>The left has no real solutions
>We really need to think up some solutions
Can You show me the contradiction? because I don't see it
>>
Well, Molyneux is merely a divulgator, he doesn't really ever propose anything new. His job is rather to spread already existing ideas to the general public and to do research to explain the facts of topics that are raging in the current mainstream at any given moment. I wouldn't really paint him as an intellectual.

Zizek, on the other hand, is just another meme-sociologist/opiniologist that happens to be somewhat famous at this moment and might be for a few years for spewing academic leftist bullshit. He's just a political prostitute more, dime a dozen.

Of course I don't really know much about Zizek and I am talking out of my ass, but his reputation as a walking meme precedes him and this is something to take in account.
>>
>>8603047
I.e., we need to think before we can develop solutions you fucking sperg
>>
>>8603607
I'd say the accuracy of Molyneuxs facts has reflected his reorientation away from his old stance toward Trump. I watched him a lot from 2013-14 and he really was my key source for understanding the overthrow of Gaddafi, the Syrian civil war, and the red line standoff scandal. But since then he's turned more and more away from shedding light on facts either ignored or distorted by the media and toward only acknowledging info that supports Trump. I have to question whether he is his own man, and not some conduit media outlet for neocons or liberal republicans. I'd say the way to spot a shill is if they constantly divulge supposedly threatening information but never come under fire from the corporate media or intelligence agencies. Also, they claim to identify corruption, but do nothing to stop it by democratic means, like organizing, preparing petitions, writing officials, preparing demonstrations, forcing pressure onto policy makers and informing the public (media sources included) at large- they just push their ideology, as if by the battle can be won from inside the minds of their viewers, along with dissuading them from interacting with those who hold opposing views.

Whether he is an "intellectual" or not, whatever that means, is an irrelevance. He influences public opinion on matters of national importance, albeit a small finge group of radicalized dissidents.
>>
>>8603474
I'm 99% sure Zizek isn't an anarchocommunist. You never really know with the guy though.
>>
>>8602957
This
>>
File: Sagan.jpg (6KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
Sagan.jpg
6KB, 257x196px
Zizek is actually intelligent, so him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz4Ze3eJVpk
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.