[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: htwfaip[1].jpg (92KB, 600x948px) Image search: [Google]
htwfaip[1].jpg
92KB, 600x948px
What are some good books for socially anxious/retarded people?

Pic unrelated obviously
>>
The greeks
>>
>>8600358
>>
>>8600389
Watched the TED talk the guy did about this subject, seemed like it's a state only entered by skilled people who are being sufficiently challenged, I don't see how that helps.
>>
Any other suggestions?
>>
>>8601805
My diary, family
>>
>>8600358
Letters to A Young Poet
Rainier Maria Rilke
>>
>>8600358
Great question, Anonymous. I believe it would be great for you to buy self-help books from your local Barnes & Noble (TM). They have an unmatched selection and great customer service!

Thank you again for your question, you are a valued interlocutor.
>>
Make yourself useful and channel your autism and pain into good writing.
>>
>>8600358
>self help book
have a little respect, mongoloid
>>
>>8602202
Reading now.

>>8602209
I'm only a reader, I never really tried to write outside of English class.
>>
>>8600358
Why is it PIC unrelated?
PS: I'm austist, I've read the book
>>
>>8600639
Is this post serious? Can you please fucking kill yourself.

Honestly, reevaluate your life.
>>
>>8602209
Well, there's future for me
>>
>>8602601
but why
>>
>>8602596
>PS: I'm austist, I've read the book
And congrats on knowing how to be a social door mat bro. For many people that isn't enough for their social life.
>>
>self help
Cringeworthy
>>
>>8602605
Nigga, now there's a thing in my eye
>>
Benjamin Franklin's autobiography
>>
The World as Will and Representation Vol I&II
>>
>>8602605

I think he had a lot of good points, to be honest. Most of it is just about realizing most people are self-absorbed shits and that they'll like you more if you tell them what they want to hear instead of talking about yourself incessantly, because nobody fucking cares about what you have to say about yourself.
>>
Nothing like this one
>>
File: photo.jpg (295KB, 1365x1370px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
295KB, 1365x1370px
>>8603308
Eckhart Tolle is a turtle who grew a beard and now pretends to be a human

buy his books so he doesn't have to go back to the pond
>>
File: asperger love guide.jpg (109KB, 479x685px) Image search: [Google]
asperger love guide.jpg
109KB, 479x685px
>>
>>8600358
Mindfulness is Better Than Chocolate is the best self help book of all time
>>
File: 1475425841099.gif (998KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475425841099.gif
998KB, 250x250px
>>8603311
>>
>>8600358
Words will NEVER help you.
Spare yourself the time I wasted to realize this. You will immerse yourself in this nonsense until you realize that all of these books are simply ink on papers stacked on top each other to make a product for sale.
They will effect your mind and attitude for a day or two at most then it's effects will diminish and make no sense at that point , loseing all value and effectiveness.
No amount of reading will ever change your physiological and behaviors issues.
Try meditating instead, it's easier read then done but the few times I've done it I've felt much more at ease.
>>
>>8600358
If I read this will I become Dale Cooper?
>>
>>8603967
>Try meditating instead [of reading ink on papers [sic]], it's easier read then done but the few times I've done it I've felt much more at ease.
how did you learn meditation then nigga? by eating Magical Meditation Teaching Icecream?
>>
>>8603987
You sound like an idiot so I won't even bother explaining to you the obvious.
>>
>>8603987
You do drugs and sit under waterfalls like my xianxia heroes.
>>
>>8603998
oh so you're a cult shill
>>
>>8600358
While I don't think any one self help book will really change your life or deliver on most of its promises, I feel like I've gained little things from each of the following.

The Confidence Gap by Russ Harris: presents basically a combination of mindfulness and CBT to help you work through social anxiety and increase your confidence. The main message is that the actions of confidence come before the feelings of confidence.

Quiet by Susan Cain: not officially a self help book and needed some tighter editing, but it helped me understand the pros and cons of being an introvert and how I can employ certain characteristics as strengths.

7 Habits of Highly Effective People: This is has become a cliche but actually does give some pretty good principles for good communication. Slightly too idealistic and muh Jesus.

New age and weird but unironically this: >>8603308
>>
>>8604009

Not him but you really do reek of someone who's looking to be spoon-fed everything.
Maybe try forming your own opinions and beliefs before trying to find insight from other people?
>>
David Burns - Intimate Connections - Feeling Good
Steven C Hayes - Get out of your mind and into your life
>>
>>8604144

"""Not him""" either, but you and "him" are not (((right))) and "that guy" is.

inshallah
>>
>>8602601
>Honestly, reevaluate your life.
what's wrong with you sperg
>>
>>8604063
>needed some tighter editing
Exactly. It felt like she was just throwing every bit trivia around and seemed like long rambles at times. I also didn't like her idealization of the Asian educational system
>>
>>8604063
I'm checking these and all of the other books recommended ITT out, thanks /lit/.
>>
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.