[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nietzsche ruined me by giving me sight of the possibility of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_0459.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
Nietzsche ruined me by giving me sight of the possibility of a beautiful life which I am unlikely to ever achieve. He tore down the things that make life bearable in the seeking of this greatness that might just be impossible for me due to many of my flaws.
>>
Read Camus
>>
>>8599770
>getting spooked by Nietzsche
lel, try again, fag

Life is about enjoying the simple things.
>>
>>8599771
>>8599776
t. nihilists
>>
I see what you are saying OP and its not fun to realize ones flaws and limitations. Yet one is better off after having realized accepted that. You'll see. But...

Are you implying that life is only bearable if you are great?
That you can' have a beautiful life because you are average?
>>
>>8599770
It's not impossible, and you're supposed to despise yourself.

One of the biggest problems today is that no one is supposed to despise themselves. Everyone teaches everyone else that it's bad to despise yourself. But despising yourself is the only way to improve yourself. You must be disappointed and dissatisfied with who you are, otherwise you will end up like every other useless hippie living on the street.
>>
>>8600400
This. Nietzsche tears your shit down for you to realize that you need stronger shit. Just because life is meaningless doesn't mean it's hopeless.
>>
>>8599770
have you even read on the concept of amor fati?
>>
>>8599770
how the shit can neeche make you fucking sad, you misread him
>>
>>8600445
Plenty of people would find the concept of life's essence being will to power depressing and God being dead, i.e. basically 100% of the religious.
>>
>>8600400
>despising yourself is the only way to improve yourself
Not true, btw
>>
>>8600470
If we're talking improvement in Nietzsche's eyes aka the eyes of the Western canon, then yes, it's true.

Nietzsche was in many ways the ultimate manifested "zeitgeist" of the Western canon and its culture, he built his will to power philosophy on his deep and thorough understanding of it. Just look at Zarathustra, every single sentence is a reference to some major symbol or element found in the canon.

Now, there is of course an Eastern canon. It is different from ours. Self-despising is antithetical to the concept of improvement from the eastward outlook; but to Nietzsche, that is not true improvement. That is the way of the Chandala / subhuman. Leagues above another type of subhuman — the one filled with ressentiment, who merely blames others for their own shortcomings and creates a petty reactionary culture of hatred projected outwards — but still a part of the subhuman code nonetheless.
>>
>>8600500
Buddhism is based on, essentially, 'despising' oneself, as much as you can identify a concept of 'oneself' in it.
>>
>>8600708
It's more of an indifference towards and recognition of the self and the world as nonreal and devoid of meaning. Not hatred. Nietzsche isn't really cool with this as he believed life to be worth preserving and that the world has meaning, but it's arbitrary and bad, but can be replaced by a better one. Buddhism is more making peace with a meaningless world, whereas Nietzsche is about repairing a deficient one.

It's not despising the self, because hatred under Buddhist doctrine is frankly bad, and the self is unworthy of hatred as the self does not exist.
>>
>>8599770
nietzsche ruined himself. don't let him do it to you.
ubermensch is unironically the black kid doing super saiyan video.
>>8600445
he made himself crazy, i don't think him making someone else sad is that far out.
>>
>>8600783
How do you "make" yourself have brain cancer?
>>
>>8600799
nietzsche was notorious for holding in his sneezes
>>
>>8599770
Try Aristotles theory of perpetual happiness and living within your means for something a little more realistic.
>>
>>8600045
>Are you implying that life is only bearable if you are great?
>That you can't have a beautiful life because you are average?

Isn't this kind of implied by Nietzsche's philosophy?
>>
File: tfw.jpg (61KB, 540x820px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
61KB, 540x820px
>>8600783

>He thinks Nietzsche was sad

He might have suffered a lot, but most of his time was spent on long and comfy walks, dancing in whatever rooms he rented, making jokes and writing (which he enjoyed).
>>
>>8599771
Can you give me a basic idea of how he would help? I'm planning on reading him eventually, but he's pretty far down on my reading list currently.

>>8600400

Self-improvement feels good but basing my life satisfaction on that type of thing is incredibly frustrating when I don't think that I really have a special talent to pour that into. If writing, or something similar, came naturally to me I would love to be able to channel that energy into my abilities, and I'm sure Nietzsche's philosophy would be incredibly satisfying for me. But I don't feel that I really have that. Instead it just becomes an exhausting battle to be...pretty average.
>>
>>8600903
To add to this, I'm just starting to feel like I should have listened to Nietzsche when he said his philosophy is not for everyone. I thought he was referring to psychological qualities, but perhaps his philosophy is just an exercise in futility for those without particular talents to pour themselves into.
>>
Retard
>>
Please give Nietzsche reading order.
>>
>>8600916
>perhaps his philosophy is just an exercise in futility for those without particular talents to pour themselves into
you suck don't blame a philosopher's philosophy
>>
>>8600799
don't kid yourself he was crazy before brain cancer.
>>8600854
>a good life is walking, dancing in my room, and writing
nothing wrong with that when you're like 70 or some shit but in your 20s that's called autism.
he got cucked and in general he led a pretty miserable existence and shouldn't be followed by anyone who wants a life they can enjoy.

also your copypasta is fucking hilarious, "write yourself into a blah blah blah". i always find the most praised philosophers are those who can't live what they set out for others.

there are positive sides to his teachings of course but they're things that you could figure out on your own by actually doing something and clouded between two gigantic loaves of edgy bullshit which i'm pretty sure were symptomatic of his actual existence.
>>
>>8600845
No. If you think it is then can you explain?
>>
>>8601082
>implying nietzsche wasn't an idealist
>>
>>8601103
>implying this and implying that
>implying that you have read and understood Nietzsche enough to even formulate half a paraphrase of any substance
>>
>>8601058
>I literally can't even encounter the idea of pursuing meaning in an unconventional way until I'm old and it doesn't matter
>if you can, you're autistic
Checkm8
>>
>>8601124
>you don't like nietzsche so you're stupid
spoken like a true follower
>>
>>8599770
Yeah, this is a risk of reading Nietzsche. There are plenty of people who walk away from Big N's philosophy though. You might try to find and read some of them.

But the ideas he presents may always be lurking in the back of your mind. You may just have to carry it like you carry the fact that you are going to die. There are just some things which there is nothing to be done about, but accept them and keep walking.
>>
>>8601146
acting like you're 70 when you're in your 20s is autistic.
also love how you completely ignored the part where your ubermensch died as some martyr for people who wish to commit an equally redundant martyrdom.
>>
>>8599770
You are vulgarly over-psychologizing philosophy. Devote yourself to serious study of the history of ideas and you might just have a beautiful life with beautiful thoughts. Nietzsche is not just a self help recipe for le existential man.
>>
>>8601155
Maybe you should reread the posts and try and see if you can understand why your reply was retarded
>>
>>8601220
>i ignored your point because i can't defend nietzsche's terrible life but you should reread mine because i'm too afwaid to reread yours
nice logic going for you there, muh surprise at your love for neech
>>
>>8601245
Mate, nobody said or implied in no shape or form what so ever that you are stupid for not liking Nietzsche. If you reread the comment that will be completely obvious to you. And if you still need fucking clarification on what the comment really said then you are beyond help.
>>
>>8601206
>Philosophy is a purely intellectual exercise that has little relevance to the way you live your life
>>
>>8601245
I'm not part of that discussion and I don't even particularly like Nietzsche that much. I just disagree with OPs overall approach to philosophy, which seems to be about the same as you would use on self help literature.

Philosophy is an attempt at still better ways of thinking and should be approached as such. It's a discipline in ant of itself.
>>
>>8601058
>enjoying walks on scenic routes across sexy Europe, being passionate to the point of dance about the best form of art in the 19th century aka classical music / opera, and writing which everyone literate always did are somehow autistic if you're under 70
lol

>i always find the most praised philosophers are those who can't live what they set out for others
Funny, Nietzsche said the same exact thing. And yet here you are shitting on him with no proper basis for it. What a tard you are.
>>
>>8601255
Of course it has to to with living a life, but not necessarily with personal flaws and psychopathological incompatibility with thought systems.

If you think Nietzsches philosophy is lofty and dislodged from actual human frailty and experience, that's a pretty valid critique. But regretting that you are psychologically unable to "follow" the philosophy is an inane exercise.
>>
>>8601298
>that's a pretty valid critique
Eh. I disagree. I think Nietzsche's pretty fucking real as far as philosophers go.
>>
>>8601312
I didn't say that I would agree with that critique, but it would be a methodologically valid form of critiquing a philosophy.
>>
>>8601291
never said there was anything wrong with those things. just that doing those things in your 20s alone is pretty autistic. i can appreciate solitude, but too much of it will drive anyone mad, as it did to neech.
i shit on him because he's basically the intellectualized version of people who romanticize getting out there and living your life while not doing it, with strong nihilistic tendencies. and he wonders why he never got to live a good life.
>>
>>8600814
you can't be serious
he caught the dirty siph from whores
>>
>>8601335
>intellectualized version of people who romanticize getting out there and living your life
>while not doing it
>with strong nihilistic tendencies
It doesn't sound like you've read him... at all.

>>8601353
Syphilis is no longer considered a practical possibility. It was much more likely brain cancer.
>>
>>8601298
>But regretting that you are psychologically unable to "follow" the philosophy is an inane exercise.

How so? If his ideas on how to live life are potentially destructive to those without certain inborn abilities, how is that irrelevant?

And anyway, I'm not writing a goddamn academic paper, just talking about how a philosopher has impacted me.
>>
How can people find life unbearable when there is so much beauty in the world? I honestly don't understand.
>>
>>8601372
As I said, read more philosophy and read critically. The premise of your argument is that Nietzsche is objectively right about the things he said. But philosophy is always (and should be) a conversation. What are HIS flaws? What have others said? In other words, philosophers are never *right*. Nietzsches name in itself is surrounded by so much fetishism and mystique that people forget this.

In stead of feeling destroyed by hist philosophy you should try to destroy his, is what I am trying to say I guess.
>>
>>8601366
it sounds like you've chosen to interpret him in your own special way.
>>
>>8601380
Good post anon.

Always remember that no human being will ever have the intellect to comprehend the totality of existence.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
>>
>>8601389
Actually, I've just read him. You might want to try doing that too. I mean...

>strong nihilistic tendencies

Come on dude.
>>
>>8601379

no love of christ in their hearts. too much ressentiment.

sad thing
>>
>>8601410
he wanted to transcend it, but that assumes he viewed the world in that way in the first place.
>>
>>8601450
He didn't want to — he already did. He said that humanity must want to now.
>>
>>8601474
he clearly didn't though.
>>
>>8601474
how do you transcend a construct of the mind?
>>
>>8601435
>praises christianity
>denounces ressentiment

Choose one
>>
>>8601380
Which philosophers would you recommend for my situation?
>>
>>8599770
Anyone that claims to be crushed by Nietzsche is guaranteed to be a teenager that just read his first big boy philosophy book
>>
>>8601497

Nietzsche:

>What does nihilism mean? — That the highest values are devaluated.

>The whole idealism of humanity until now is on the point of tipping over into nihilism — into the belief in absolute valuelessness, that is, meaninglessness...

>Causes of nihilism: 1. lack of the higher species, i.e., the one whose inexhaustible fruitfulness and power sustains belief in humanity. 2. the lower species, "herd", "mass", "society", forgets how to be modest, and puffs up its needs into cosmic and metaphysical values. Through this the whole of existence is vulgarized: for to the degree that the mass rules, it tyrannizes the exceptions, who thus lose their belief in themselves and become nihilists.

>Nihilism appears now not because unpleasure in existence is greater than it used to be, but because we have become more generally mistrustful of a "meaning" in evil, indeed in existence itself. One interpretation has perished; but because it was regarded as /the/ interpretation, there now seems to be no meaning at all in existence, everything seems to be in vain.

>There is nothing to life that has value except the degree of power — assuming, precisely, that life itself is the will to power. For those who have come off badly, morality provided protection from nihilism by conferring on each an infinite value, a metaphysical value, and positioning him within an order that does not coincide with the worldly order of rank and power: it taught submission, meekness, etc. If belief in this morality fell into ruin, those who come off badly would lose their consolation — amd would be ruined too.

>[The Christian moral hypothesis] shielded man from despising himself as man, from taking sides against life, from despairing of knowledge: it was a means of preservation — in sum, morality was the great antidote to practical and theoretical nihilism. [...] But among the forces that morality cultivated was truthfulness: this, in the end, turns against morality, discovers its teleology, the partiality of its viewpoint — and now the insight into this long-ingrained mendacity, which one despairs of ever shedding from oneself, is what acts as a stimulus: a stimulus to nihilism.

>The collapse of the moral interpretation of the world, its sanction lost once it has tried to flee into a hereafter: ending up in nihilism, "Everything is meaningless" (the impracticability of one interpretation of the world — one to which tremendous energies have been dedicated — arouses the suspicion that all interpretations of the world might be false).
>>
File: ubermensch.jpg (143KB, 700x860px) Image search: [Google]
ubermensch.jpg
143KB, 700x860px
>>8601497
>>8601502
>>8601782

>Belief in the categories of reason is the cause of nihilism — we have measured the value of the world against categories that refer to a purely invented world. Final result: all the values by means of which up to now we first tried to make the world estimable to us and with which, once they proved inapplicable, we then devaluated it — all these values are, calculated psychologically, the results of particular perspectives of usefulness for the preservation and enhancement of human formations of rule, and only falsely projected into the essence of things.

So, I'm not sure what all of this means to you. But to me, what I see is: Nietzsche thoroughly understood nihilism as a process, with a strongly psychological as well as philosophical foundation. A process, of course, is not a beginning, nor an end; it's an in-between state. Nietzsche here even outlines very clearly all of the ways in which nihilism comes about.

All of it is a prelude to something which Nietzsche may not have written down explicitly, but which I believe he still knew of, and just didn't get around to it yet. It is a prelude to a true post-nihilism phase. And going by everything Nietzsche went on about in these passages and those near it (they are from his unpublished notebooks), that phase is characterized by the total absence of past interpretations based on fictional categories and by having a higher species in its midst — the Overman and his descendants — which in turn creates an "objective" goal in the psyche. He knew this, and he also knew of the eternal recurrence of this entire cycle, and he was working towards laying ALL of it out for us, diligently until he went mad.

So to me, he had certainly achieved a post-nihilist state, at least in his understanding of the full cycle of life and in what his purpose was, which was to serve as ultimate prophet, harbinger, and philosopher of the cycle.
>>
>>8601784
This theory of constant becoming was also applied to man via morality, morality via percieved truth back to man onwards to eternity. I thought his overman was the absolute final phase where man becomes something wholly knowable thusly dead?

Maybe im projecting
>>
>>8601056
he's not, he said he sucks too.
>>
>>8601622
If you are interested in the philosophy of learning how to live well, I would definitely recomend Plato, Epictetus and Marcus Aurelius from the antique. They are antithetical to Nietzsche in many ways. Perhaps Shopenhauer would interest you too.

For the authentic life, and the meaning of being, try Heidegger's Being and Time, perhaps Sartres Existentialism is a Humanism and yeah, as has already been said, Camus.
>>
>>8600400
>It's not impossible, and you're supposed to despise yourself.
Nietzsche confirmed for Christian
>>
>>8599770
We're just animals. Intelligence was given to us because it benefited us in survival. Genetics, evolution, mutations don't care that you want meaning in your life, they don't acknowledge that there's a ego, they just do what they do by nature and if one life is affected for the worse by it then hopefully the genes won't pass on through natural selection.

There's no denying it, there are the people that can enjoy life for what it is even while being by standards of greatness mediocre while talented geniuses can live truly fulfilling grand lives, and then there are people who are caught in the divide always grasping for whatever greatness they scrap up from within themselves, but no matter what if they're not geniuses or naturally talented they simply aren't.
>>
>>8602568
The Overman was never projected as an absolute. That's just you.
>>
Reminder that Laozi is the only philosopher you "need", and if you need a philosopher, then you desperately need Laozi.
>>
>Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpA4ldGoHRQ
>>
File: laozi.jpg (115KB, 680x1173px) Image search: [Google]
laozi.jpg
115KB, 680x1173px
>>8603373
this
>>
also I don't get why are you looking other philosopher, can't you think even a bit? You shouldn't only read, but also reflect on what you read, not to take everything as right. Also don't look for etiquettes, words only make more problems.
>>
>>8603230
>mutations don't care that you want meaning in your life

Didn't they create that yearning though? I have a hard time believing that something so (nearly) universal does not play some evolutionary role.
>>
>>8603373
top kek
>>
File: 1475516614643.jpg (361KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1475516614643.jpg
361KB, 700x525px
How to into Nietchze? Should I?
>>
I feel like reading Christianity is a good idea to recover from his ideas.
Sort of like a 'break'. You don't have to follow the religion but I found it helped me.
His ideas aren't bad at all they are just very strong ones that can 'mess' with your head.
>>
>>8603935
Can't go back to Christianity. I've been fed that stuff since I was a child, and sent to private schools through high school where that was the only thing you were allowed to believe.

Part of the reason Nietzsche resonated so strongly with me was the way he laid out the life denying nihilistic nature of Christianity that resonated so strongly with my experience.

So yeah, not going back to that. Should I try Schoepenhauer or Heidegger or someone like that? I'm just looking for philosophy about living life well.
>>
>>8603994
What's high school like now?
>>
>>8604025
kek
>>
>>8603994
yeah Christianity sucks
what grade are you in? i just started 8th lol
>>
>>8604025
>Books and philosophy are only for the middle aged because I was an illiterate retard in high school
>>
>>8604058
The only explanation that for "Nietzsche ruined me by giving me sight of the possibility of a beautiful life" is that you are 16, 17 max. There is a limit to edge that once passed means the person is a high schooler. Or just retarded.
>>
>>8604076
I'm 18. Obviously younger people will have a harder time seeing the "way out" of philosophical dilemmas, which is why I'm fucking asking people about it.
>>
>>8599770

>Nietzsche ruined me

Think about men.
Then think about übermensch.
Then think about Nietzsche.

That's it ; you've just discovered that Nietzsche is a faggot, talking about men without seeing them in his ivory tower. Congrats. Now stop reading shit-tier philosophy and walk in the streets.
>>
>>8604143
And you are rejecting a very broad and rich tradition of thought because your mommy and daddy forced you to go to church.
>>
>>8602837
Christian self-despising is worlds apart from Nietzschean self-despising. The former is due to ressentiment or herd mentality.
>>
>>8604212
Are you intentionally misunderstanding me? What I meant was that I've explored Christianity quite a bit, since that's what I was raised on, both at home, in school, and in church, for most of my life. There's a good chance I know more about the Bible than most of the people criticizing me.

What's wrong with wanting something explore something new? There's a whole world of philosophy, why would I keep focusing on the one that I've known my whole life instead of exploring other options? Especially when I have personally found it made me hate life? (For all the issues I've encountered with Nietzsche's philosophy, hating life has never been one of them)
>>
>>8604193
Could you give some examples of philosophers you would consider more connected to the real world?
>>
>>8604301
And what's Nietzsche's due to?
>>
>>8600400
Ha. Almost everyone is trying to get us to despise ourselves. The relig right and commy left both feed off shaming.

Nietzche did not want you to despise yourself.
>>
>>8604487
Life affirmation. Love of life.

>>8604501
Zarathustra:

>Alas, the time is coming when man will no longer give birth to a star. Alas, the time of the most despicable man is coming, he that is no longer able to despise himself. Behold, I show you the last man.
>>
>>8604398
>18 min and he makes a bump
/lit/ is a slow board!
>>
>>8604511
bump
>>
>>8604511
bump
>>
Nietzsche is literal trash. Most overrated author by a landslide. His thoughts are barely coherent.
>>
File: comfy gondola.jpg (133KB, 717x508px) Image search: [Google]
comfy gondola.jpg
133KB, 717x508px
I really like nietzsche, but as he says, the lower types of man are needed

this basically allows me to do whatever I want and be okay with it since I am after all a filthy subhuman who would never amount to anything anyway, while daydreaming about romans and overmen
>>
File: 1472048384270.png (933KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
1472048384270.png
933KB, 1280x718px
>>8605052
Coherency comes from the lens, not from the light
>>
>>8605065
The lens can't do anything if there isn't any light.
>>
>>8605068
The lens can't tell if there is any light if the lens is actually a brick
>>
>>8600854
>screen capping your own /pol/ post and then posting it on /lit/ as tfw.PNG
>>
>>8604328
It's not a matter of being connected to anything. It's a matter of knowing about what you talk about. On the point that I've raised, Nietzsche is incompetent.

Doesn't mean he wasn't right on other topics, but I can't give value to "philosophers" of that kind, like Weininger who advocated an ethic purity and excelling oneself to finally commit suicide at 23.

Now to answer your questions I don't read a lot of philosophy desu. But even Camus is more connected to the reality than Nietzsche. Even a catholic like Louis Jugnet is more connected to the reality than Nietzsche (and I'm definitively not a christian nor a believer).

Even Cioran is more connected to the reality than Nietzsche ! Like he said, Nietzsche had too much excitement and intensity. He destroyed idols only to replace them by other idols, he's a fake iconoclast who looks like a teenager (which is probably why so much people are reading and loving him), with a sort of innocence, as a fundamental part of his isolation. He should have wrote novels, I really think philosophy isn't made for that kind of nature.
>>
>>8601379
What's so great?
>>
File: 1475684805377.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1475684805377.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>basing your worldview on the words of a syphillitic madman
>>
>>8606395

>He still believes the syphilis slur
>>
>>8603230
>We're just animals. Intelligence was given to us because it benefited us in survival. Genetics, evolution, mutations don't care that you want meaning in your life, they don't acknowledge that there's a ego, they just do what they do by nature and if one life is affected for the worse by it then hopefully the genes won't pass on through natural selection.
nice being a 20 yo undergrad
>>
>>8606400
Yeah, that autopsy was really out to get him.
>>
I love fucking chinks.
Small dick males + evolution = tighter pussies.
Thank you based Darwin.
>>
>>8599770
Came here to suggest Sartres Existentialism is Humanism. It's a very easy read with little-to-none prerequisites.
>>8602832
My man
>>
>>8600916
It's all absurd, nothing matters but persevere as a fuck you to the abyss
>>
>>8603922
Start with The Birth. It doesn't get recommended any where nearly enough as it should, but it's easily to best way to orient yourself towards the big N's though process and grasp whether you are prepared to tackle his other works. Reading it will help prevent you from mistaking his other philosophy for something it is not.
>>
>>8604324
Ignore the edgier folks here who are all about being pro/anti-fedora tipping.
>>
>>8606375
>He should have wrote novels

I'm kind of surprised he didn't in general.
>>
File: nih.png (324KB, 572x381px) Image search: [Google]
nih.png
324KB, 572x381px
nihilism's fun
>>
>>8600500
>yes, it's true.
Idk, you can definitely like yourself and wish to improve. Realizing that you can improve would dispel the notion that the self is bad. (That's an impression I get from him, I guess my interpretation is just different)
>>
>>8599770
Read Stirner, Cioran, Ligotti, Benatar, Land, Brassier and Zapffe and realise greatness is a meme and human existence a short-lived cruel joke without meaning.
>>
>>8606557
But OP is pure edge.
>>
>>8599770
I feel like a handful of Nietzsche's ideas interlock perfectly with Ayn Rand's and I'm not sure how to feel about that
>>
>>8606544
thank you
>>
File: KLOvKsN.jpg (739KB, 3525x2400px) Image search: [Google]
KLOvKsN.jpg
739KB, 3525x2400px
What book of Nietzche should I read to understand his ubermensche philosophy?
>>
File: 0264 - kaKRYPS.jpg (78KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0264 - kaKRYPS.jpg
78KB, 499x499px
I had an epiphany tonight, after running out of things to do in my life I started watching girls who cut themselves being abused exactly for that.

I've always been in an existentialist state but my spook has been morales and enjoying this makes me feel like I've thrown it out the window.

I've always wanted to bleach my hair so think I will now.

I'm a right wing cunt so it won't go down well with normies but i dont care anymore lmao

>>>mental breakdown<<<
heroin overdose in 3 weeks please
>>
>>8607861
Thus Spoke Zaruthustra
>>
>>8599770

Optimism is for delusional assholes decieving themselves that life is anything but inherent suffering. Why the fuck are you even here?
>>
>>8599795
Camus isn't even a nihlist, he's an absurdist.
>>
>>8606392
I fucking told you in the post you quoted: beauty.

Just forget """philosophy""" and listen to a beautiful song, or find a beautiful sentiment, a beautiful woman.
>>
>>8601616
Choose both. Read Capt. Kierk and Scheler, son.
>>
>>8601379
Because there's so much suffering. Often they are connected, beautiful things requiring suffering. Don't belittle the suffering of others.
>>
>>8609692
I'm not denying the existence of suffering, yeesh, in fact I was responding to a thread about it. Just pointing out that we have beauty in our lives to act as a salve.

I don't understand this existential dread shit when music exists.
>>
>listening to depressed people
retard
>>
>>8608976
>after running out of things to do in my life I started watching girls who cut themselves being abused exactly for that.

Where can I find this?
>>
>>8609534
Thanks
>>
Nietzsche's work can be explained as trying to find structure after being freed by Stirner. That's why he tries to trick himself and the reader by stories about greatness like his precious Greeks, but it doesn't work. It's merely a longing for dead ideology that leaves everyone sad because Stirner killed the Greeks.

The Greeks already killed the Greeks in the form of the sophists. Stirner is a return to the wisdom of the sophists repacked for the modern era.

The Sophists killed philosophy before it was born. They aborted it.

The void is freedom, all attempts to overcome it are displays of weakness from slaves who desire structure.

"The bad news is you're falling through the air, nothing to hang on to, no parachute. The good news is there's no ground."
>>
>>8609760
>what is depressive realism
>>
>>8601044
Chronological except Zarathustra, save that for last.
>>
>>8610607
Or: Zarathustra first, then chronological order of everything else, and finally end on a re-read of Zarathustra.
>>
>>8599776
Life isn't about anything
>>
>>8610656
I don't think that's a good idea because you will taint your Zarathustra experience by having no idea what Nietzsche is about. He's way to vague in there if you don't know his more direct works.
>>
>>8610467
>The void is freedom, all attempts to overcome it are displays of weakness from slaves who desire structure.
t. man who uses the structure of language and concepts

structure is useful you retard
>>
>>8610467
>Stirner killed the Greeks
Socrates / Plato don't make up all of ancient Greece you know.

If anything, he is a return to Presocratic form. So is Nietzsche, albeit he plays the very dangerous game of playing a radical mixture of both sides. Irrationality sits below Nietzsche's rationality still. Stirner is less inclined to create his own rationality.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.