[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there really genuine Marxists people today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: karl marx.jpg (46KB, 345x504px) Image search: [Google]
karl marx.jpg
46KB, 345x504px
like do they really think there will be a marxist revolution? or is it more nostalgic/aesthetic appeal?
>>
>>8599404
dialectical materialism can be an interesting way to think about history
>>
>>8599412
i think limiting history to a materialist worldview is so limiting..

Again i study Western Esotericism, so i despise materialism
>>
>>8599416
mah nigga
>>
>>8599416
I always find myself occilating between idealist and materialist views
>>
File: IMG_0693.jpg (666KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0693.jpg
666KB, 1632x1224px
It's not the case of there being a 'marxist' revolution. It's the case of the structure of bourgeois society being such that its continued instability and inability to adequately provide for the social reproduction needs of the society it latches onto can only be addressed with the conscious transformation of society as a whole (which within capital is expressed by a class-based system of exploitation shaped by the commodity-form). Or it can end in its absolute destruction, its reversal into real barbarism. Communists can play in a role in revolution but they do not "make" revolutions.
>>
>>8599404

There are still religious people today, so of course there'll still be Marxists.
>>
>>8599490
Also the welfare state happened in the countries where the revolution was supposed to take place. Marx thought class division would only in capitalism increase, or so I've been told.
>>
>>8599502
*would only increase in capitalism
>>
>>8599501

Double entendre? I like it.
>>
>>8599490
where was this photo taken?
>>
>>8599502
There are very good arguments that posit the welfare state as being a contingent socially negotiated set of practices that were only possible at one particular point in the history of capitalism (the post-World War II period). The accumulation of capital during this period made tenable the redistribution of social surpluses through the state. It is in question whether something like that is reproducible today. In any case, the welfare state is not the form of the state in 'advanced' capital--its the state at a particular historical point in capital's development.

And class as a structural division has increased since Marx's time. Keep in mind, Marx was writing at a period of time in which globally speaking, the proletariat (landless/propertyless labourer) made up only a part of the total population. Today, there are very little remnants of the kind of semi-propertied producers (sharecropping, tenant farming, communal peasant production) that existed in the 19th century. And immiseration is only relative to the accumulating wealth of the bourgeois class--it is not an absolute, temporal decline into immiserated conditions.
>>
>>8599490
>>8599515
dauve, endnotes, braverman, ilyenkov, bonefeld...

uc santa cruz?
>>
No, history has thoroughly discredited Marxism in every possible way. The level of cognitive dissonance a genuine Marxist would have to endure in the face of this knowledge would drive anyone to the madhouse. Any "Marxists" around are revisionists, insane, or academics, most likely all three.
>>
I am a marxist but highly doubt there will be a revolution. People are both too complacent and, well, too stupid. I doubt they deserve a good society.
>>
>>8599538
Soup is good food.
>>
>>8599542

I made vegetable soup the other day with stuff I had harvested from my garden. It's breddy gud.
>>
>>8599490
this is the best shelf i've seen on /lit/
>>
File: Pass on the ressentiment.jpg (72KB, 647x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pass on the ressentiment.jpg
72KB, 647x960px
>>8599490

This shelf is pure ressentiment.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.