[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLA Format

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1475679090999.jpg (31KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475679090999.jpg
31KB, 473x480px
Why is MLA format important?

I understand the need to have a reasonable format so that way documents can be read easily. Some of the rules don't make any sense.

>Double Spaced

This wastes paper, and makes your essay seem much more longer and important than what it really is.

> Only use Times New Roman.

Why? Arial, Calibri, Gadugi, and Yu Mincho all are easy to read fonts.

>1 Inch Boarder.

Why not use metric terms first off. Secondly I why do you need so much space to annotate a page.This feels like it wastes more paper than what would be reasonable.
>>
>>8595279
>why not use metric

Paper is 8 1/2 x 11 inches. You've lost this battle for all eternity, eurofag. There's nothing you can ever do to get metric measurements used on paper
>>
To make it easy on the eye and to have uniformity.

If you don't want to use MLA, use Chicago or APA or your shitty university's system, as long as you are consistent throughout your paper and don't mix styles then it's all good. If you have a problem with using MLA, ask your teacher if you can use another one, just don't come to /lit/ to whine about your personal preferences. We already have too many threads like that.
>>
>>8595878
Where else would I go to wine?

>>8595859
Amerifat here
>>
>>8595923
>to wine

Your local bar would be a fine place to start.
>>
>>8595279
Speaking as a prof:
>Double Spaced
I need room to mark all your stupid punctuation and spelling errors, and sometimes make longer notes. Also, it makes reading hundreds of pages over hours easier.

> Only use Times New Roman.
San-serif typefaces are crap, and TNR is easy to read, and on every computer (in case of font substitutions). Besides, having all essays use the same font makes it easier to judge essay lengths.

>1 Inch Boarder.
Seriously? You can't even spell "border," and you're bitching about it? I'll decide how much room I need to tell you how stupid your writing is, not you. The metric comment is too silly to respond to.

Wasting paper is not a concern. Follow the format or lose points, and stop whining.
>>
>>8595279
Many profs prefer styles other than MLA: Chicago, Chicago-Turabian, and APA are all quite popular, and I've had to use all of them in university classes before.

Double-spacing makes it easier for your prof to point out errors in grammar, spelling, and syntax, identify supertextual errors where warranted, and indicate good writing.

Most professors prefer serif fonts because they look more professional, meet academic publishing standards, and are easier to read in print than sans-serif. Even still, I've had professors who've banned Times New Roman from use, preferring Cambria, Palatino, Courier, Georgia (<3), and other fonts.

You can read one inch as 2.54 cm if you want. Nobody's stopping you. But if you don't use a 2.54 cm / 1 in border (this is how you actually spell this word), then you're a drooling barbarian and you deserve the failing grade you're bound to get. Stop trying to save the trees, Earth-fag. The pulp and paper industry does more conservation than most forest services.
>>
>>8596801
How to become professor
>>
File: inch.jpg (8KB, 236x282px) Image search: [Google]
inch.jpg
8KB, 236x282px
Borders are an inch for a reason.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.