[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good Mayan mythological literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 2560px-Candi_Sukuh_2007.jpg (1MB, 2560x1706px) Image search: [Google]
2560px-Candi_Sukuh_2007.jpg
1MB, 2560x1706px
Any good Mayan mythological literature?
>>
>>8595095
i like the one where chocolate is that one god's penis blood, the one by the sports court
>>
>>8595098
Tell me more about this tale
>>
>>8595109
when you win the game, the god comes along and sticks the sharp side of a horn into his dick and then pours hot chocolate into each of the winning players' cups from the other side of the horn and they are all happy in the afterlife
>>
>>8595121
Who was this cock-chocolate god?
>>
File: 1475865169240.png (166KB, 273x601px) Image search: [Google]
1475865169240.png
166KB, 273x601px
Read the Chilam Balam and the Popol Vuh.
>>
>>8595135
I have no idea where my notes are, but I did find you an illustration of a carving from the South ball court in El Tajin (they're unsure who built it but it shares some Mayan features of construction and is probably too big to be Olmec). Ignore the circle from the space cadet who's using it to talk about mushrooms and look at the guy with the fish head drinking from the blood spurting out of the crotch of the entwined god(s) above him.

It's hard to tell Mayan gods apart. (Most of them are represented God A, God B, etc.)

But it is probably either a rain god or the God of Commerce and Cocoa, Ek Chuaj (aka God M/God L, but not always because they are hard to read and from different periods), pouring his penis blood into the player's mouth represented here.
It could also be the drink pulque which is alcohol made from agave if it is a rain god, but both drinks are associated with penis blood (Mayans and the rest of the mesoAmericans loved penis blood).

The reason chocolate and chili is often combined as a drink is because the chili is supposed to look like a bloody penis, so that adds to the penis magic. Mayans also used dye their chocolate drinks red on special days because no amount of penis blood letting will make it red enough to be god's blood. (Incidentally, I think Mayans are the only ones who drank it hot, with Aztecs preferring cold).

It's pissing me off I can't find the horn in penis carving because I can't remember which ball court that was. Lots of the Mayan chocolate drinking cups have pictures of blood letting (especially from the genitals) or someone with a bandaged penis from blood letting (even more common) on them, along with the glyphs explaining who owns the cup. Replicas are pretty common though not all of them have real glyphs depending on the designer, if you want your own cock chocolate cup. Sorry I can't be more help, but it's been years since I even thought about this, let alone where my notes are.
>>
>>8595095
The teaching company course on the maya is fantastic, and he gives tons of recommendations on authors.

https://torrentproject.se/?t=TTC+maya
>>
>>8595121
that was a good fap.
>>
>>8595175
This
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.