[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the kino of literature? I want to try reading a book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

what is the kino of literature? I want to try reading a book to see how it compares to viewing kino
>>
File: Spots_first_walk.jpg (47KB, 485x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spots_first_walk.jpg
47KB, 485x500px
>>
>>8593261
I'm from /film/ as well. You have made the right path here. Film is a juvenile, infantile medium. I do not regret all the time I spent on it, but lit is far superior. Your example of Barry Lyndon might be the highest kino in film, but it's like a straight forward children's book to /lit/.
>>
>>8593279
intredasting
>>
>>8593261
learn french and read la princesse de cleves

... dont tell me you watched À bout de souffle with subtitles
>>
>>8593287
I actually never turn the subtitles on for foreign films. I find the kino viewing process more engaging without them.
>>
>>8593279
your dumb
>>
>>8593294
you'll fit right in on this board
>>
>>8593294

Start with the Greeks. In Greek. Without learning Greek.
>>
File: DFW.png (128KB, 352x335px) Image search: [Google]
DFW.png
128KB, 352x335px
>>8593261

Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra

Or whatever the fuck that abortion of a novel is called.
>>
>>8593294
It's stupefying how so many people learn foreign languages to consume media not understanding that their lack of understanding is the intended experience.

A personal anecdote- I've read many of the Latin works which are barred to the absolute majority of the world today, at age 16. I did not know Latin, but did it matter? No.
"Elle ne comprenait pas le latin, mais elle comprenait le livre.". By 17 years of age I was more well read than, by my own estimates, 99.9% of civilization, simply by not wasting my time on frivolously learning languages when I could already comprehend it all by sheer will of intelligence and spirit.
>>
>>8593503
*tips*
>>
>>8593294
kek holy shit this sums us up perfectly. well let me recommend you some books new friend.

J R
the tunnel
zettles traum
finnegans wake
the recognitions
women and men
the arcades project
miss macintosh my darling

that should hold you over for a bit.
>>
>>8593617
Apt list for those on the so called "exit-level" of media consumption, my friend. These books for me would always stand on the top of the bookshelf or bookpile, as it were, because they are simply and unrepentantly and most of all intrinsically above, as it were, other books.
They deconstruct language itself.

I often found myself when reading, if it indeed may have been called reading, these books, if they indeed may be called books, as it were, simply gazing at the pages, not following each word, but penetrating as one does when looking at the luminous ocean of G-d in the wary hours of the night. To put it in layman's terms, if to improves one's speed of reading one attempts to read, as it were, 2-3 words at the time, then with those books you have no other option but to read as many words as there are on the pages at the time, disallowing the persistence on the detail, or word as it were, as at this level of literature there is only a whole.

The uninitiated masses upon looking at me in complete opposite to how I looked at these books maybe be so insolent as to think, in their unending ignorance G-d bless their souls, that I am dumbfounded by the content, sleeping even when I closed my eyes in meditation and reverie in an attempt, not to reflect on what I've read as that is the concern of lesser readers as it were, but in fact to stabilize my mind and body from the almost, and in fact absolutely as it were, divine blow they received.

To put it bluntly- if lines are of drawings as words are of books, than of these books the words are the drawings and the content the living flesh of the spirit.
>>
you know that kino just means cinema right?

please go back to /tv/ or whatever was the place you came from
>>
I'm imagining the look on my old professors' faces as some random freshman raises his hand and starts going off about "kino" during class
>>
>>8593650
i forget, who write like this?
>>
>>8593800
Professors of what?
>>
>>8593503
>>8593650

We got ourselves a master memer.
>>
>>8593828
Film Studies, obviously.
>>
word kino sound idiotic
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.