[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ender's Game Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

What order should I read the Ender's Game series in? Publication date or chronological order?
I finished Ender's Game and am about a third of the way through Speaker for the Dead (second book in publication order, one of the last in chronological order). It feels like I am missing a lot of history they reference through the book. Is it better to continue reading through in publication order and pick up the historical context over time, or should I follow the chronological order?
Wikipedia has publication and chronological orders here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game_(series)#Publications
>>
I haven't read it, I know it's garbage, adding to that it's genre fiction.

But if you want to read it don't be a dumbass and go with the publication order
>>
>>8593163
you should read the first 1 and then stop. first one is a good look at isolation, book 2 is mormon pilgrimage, book 3 and onward is about wishing shit into reality (so yeah they get progressively worse)
>>
>>8593464
Speaker for the Dead is an absolutely wonderful book, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The chapter with Jane is one of my favorite chapters ever of anything.
>>
>>8593550
Yes, it's indeed wonderful. Finished it with tears in my eyes. It really baffles me how Card can write so much about tolerance and acceptance and be a homophobe.

Have you read the following books? Thought of starting Xenocide sometime.

Ender's Shadow was also great in its own way, but dropped the Bean quartet in the start of Shadow Puppets.
>>
>>8594034
Sweet, osc hates fags ? Nice
>>
Read Speaker for the Dead after, it is the best book in the series. Then if you have to continue, continue down the speaker route.
>>
>>8593163
I read speaker for the dead first actually, not a bad way to go about it
but I guess read enders game and then choose the shadow series or continue with the main series
shadow series is more like enders game while the main one gets into harder sci-fi and philosophy
>>
>>8593464
Better yet, read the novella version from Unaccompanied Sonata
>>
>>8594214
He used to, but he's American and America loves fags now so he loves them too.
>>
>>8594034
>it baffles me how anyone can actually love sinners while hating sin
>it baffles me that anyone can separate the individual from their behavior
>it baffles me how anyone can write so much about tolerance and acceptance and not see a desire for anal sex as the foundation of another's personality
>>
>>8595409
>It baffles me that people think their sexuality is important enough to be more than a simple trait
>>
>>8595430
It is far more, after all, most homosexuals makes it his duty to make it his defining trait.
And the others are so full of complexes that are the result of homosexuality or the other way around it cannot be reduced to just a trait.
>>
>>8596167
no? if by 'defining trait' you mean you're confronted with it it's because the 'average gay' can't even hold his bf's hand in public without risking physical harm and guaranteeing at the very least verbal abuse?
Venture outside your own asshole every so often.
>>
>>8596167
The worst thing about stupid people is that they never realise how limited their perspectives are.
>>
>>8593324
>I haven't read it but I'm gonna parrot some other pretentious twat's opinion
Imbecile. Please die, we really don't need more pieces of shit like you.

>>8593163
If you have read Ender's Game, you should NOT be missing any reference in SftD. You can't read.
>>
>>8596280
>no? if by 'defining trait' you mean you're confronted with it it's because the 'average gay' can't even hold his bf's hand in public without risking physical harm and guaranteeing at the very least verbal abuse?
Where? Saudi Arabia? Serbia? They are open about it and no one "verbally abuses" them. Berlin is the mother fucking gay capital of the world. And they are protected by all kinds of 'hate speech' laws and they essentially control all the media. It's a taboo to speak against them.
>Venture outside your own asshole every so often.
Stop venturing into other people's assholes.
>>8596285
Are you saying I'm wrong? Because that's how most homosexuals are.
>>
>>8596299
We know it's you, Orson, stop shitting up the thread
>>
>>8593163
enders game = harry potter in space
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.