[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who will win the nobel prize this year, and why is it pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

who will win the nobel prize this year, and why is it pic related?
>>
>>8593052
This country, in my man, he is nothing
>>
File: Bei_Dao.jpg (38KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
Bei_Dao.jpg
38KB, 600x410px
>>8593052
But OP, that's not pic related...

ps click the pizzas
>>
As much as I find H. Murakami entertaining and easy to read, I would never give him the nobel. All he does is write about manchildren/teenagers with fetishes for old asian women and problematic 20 year old girls, and always in the same ironic, too logical, too calm prose of his. Not to mention the constant references to jazz and classical music in EVERY single one of his books. He writes YA books.

there are a few authors I can think of who actually write proper literature and not books aimed at non-cultivated women like he does, but the nobel is becoming more worthless every year and it's more of a popularity contest than anything else. I'm willing to bet that in 5 years time someone who was born in the 2000s and posts movie gifs on his tumblr will win the nobel prize for literature for his teen angst poetry and shitty hipster novels
>>
>>8593227
>I would never give him the nobel
wow nobel jury members browse /lit/
>>
>>8593052
This man, in my country, he is nothing.
>>
>>8593492
cool haiku
>>
This nothing, in my county, he is man.
>>
Man country, this nothing, in my is
>>
>>8593288
Peter Englund goes to /v/.
>>
will reading Murakami get me laid?
>>
>>8594200
if anything it will make you NOT get laid
>>
>>8594208
what about Pynchon?
>>
>>8594217
Pinecone light or classic?
>>
>>8594223
CLASSIC
>>
>>8594229
Then yes.
>>
>>8593052
I am surprised that /lit/ hates Murakami so much, when he is clearly going to go down at one of the giants of this era. Get on the right side of history faggots.
>>
>>8594328
what about Hitler
>>
>>8594349
No him, but he did nothing wrong
>>
Karl Ove will win it
>>
>>8594360
nothing wrong?? NOTHING WRONG?!?
>>
>>8593052
It's probably going to go to Ngugi
>>
this individual, within the boundaries of my nation, i tell you, even if bluntly, taht he is akin to a shadow; if you want to indulge yourself, you could even say that he is a nobody
>>
>>8594362
Too young.
>>
>>8593052
JOYCE
CAROL
OATES
>>
Bei Dao, wa Thiong'o, or Ko Un. Maybe Hwang Sok-yong or Shuntaro Tanikawa.
>>
>>8594530
you write how Christopher Walken talks
>>
>>8594565
I wish. Some of her stuff is actually pretty good.
>>
>>8593227

>What is Norweigan Wood
>What is Windup Bird Chronicle
>What is Sputnik Sweetheart
>What is Kafka on the Shore
>What is Underground

If he had just written those five books he'd be guaranteed to get it. The problem is hes too prolific and the books he does put out are felled to sameyness and like you said, his fetishes.

Sometimes we wish authors wrote more, but most of the time I think we lucked out.
>>
Well, wasn't it last year they gave the prize to a Russian lady who asked people with good stories about war to tell her their good war stories and then wrote down what they said verbatim and published it? She won, so maybe this year Oprah will win because she interviewed Cormac McCarthy and he had some great answers.
>>
>>8594783
Yep, that's all you need to win the Nobel, "some stuff that's surprisingly not bad."
>>
>>8595667

Alexivich's process is actually more complicated than that. What she does is conduct multiple interviews over long periods, then assembles the resulting answers (often which change) into a new form that is closer to the truth.

It's essentially distilled oral history, which she then sculpts into monologues. She's not a journalist at all.
>>
T H I O N G 'O
H
I
O
N
G
'O
>>
It bothers me that if Murakami wins this board is going to do another 180 on him.

Fun fact: everyone loved Murakami around 2010-2011.
>>
>>8595982
no they didnt fuck off newfag
>>
File: disdain-for-retards.jpg (947KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
disdain-for-retards.jpg
947KB, 1500x1000px
>>8595987
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.