[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some great books on ww1?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What are some great books on ww1?
>>
Storm of Steel
Under Fire
The Good Soldier Svejk
>>
>>8592164
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT
>>
>>8592192
This tbhm8
>>
>>8592164

>Parade's End is never mentioned in these threads
>>
Myths and Legends of the First World War.

Good for stopping shitty questions and statements from retards that only know movies and youtube.
>>
my diary desu desu
>>
>>8592222
Those fucking quads
>>
not yet mentioned (all British)

Fiction:
-Death of a Hero / Aldington
-Testament of Youth / Brittain
-Memoirs of George Sherston / Sassoon
-The Penguin Book of First World War Stories / ed. Einhaus
-The First Day of the Somme / Middlebrook
-Goodbye to All That / Graves
-Undertones of War / Blunden
-The Penguin Book of First World War Poetry / ed. Walter

Poetry:
David Jones, Rupert Brooke, Robert Graves, Wilfred Owens, Siegfried Sassoon
>>
File: 1387422951626.png (5KB, 427x474px) Image search: [Google]
1387422951626.png
5KB, 427x474px
>>8592281
>all British
>>
>>8592305
when did the americans get involved in the Great War? oh, that's right.. WHEN IT WAS OVER.

fucking yanks.
>>
>>8592281
Oops i meant prose and not fiction
>>
File: arnold.jpg (83KB, 390x477px) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
83KB, 390x477px
>>8592164
If you want some actual literature, Arnold Zweig (no relation) wrote a cycle on it, out of which there's one I've read so far, Education Before Verdun
It follows several minor and two main characters (one ranking officer pursuing revenge for his dead brother/cousin/something like that, detailing the aristocracy at way and the petty wannabe aristrocrats, and there's one Alsatian peace-loving conscript who gets involved, pretty sure he's a Jew as well so he just catches the shit end of everything)
Zweig was DDR-approved but it's less about party politics than about the atrocity of war in general, communists are represented in the book as well but they're also pretty miserable and petty creatures
>>
All Quiet On The Western Front iz God tier
>>
>>8592164
In parenthesis by David Jones is one of the greatest books I have ever read let alone the greatest book to do with ww1. A modernist masterpiece to rival joyce
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.