[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Wahhabism the Muslim equivalent of the Reformation? Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: isis.jpg (51KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
isis.jpg
51KB, 1368x1026px
Is Wahhabism the Muslim equivalent of the Reformation?

Please recommend me some works that will help me make sense of Islam.
>>
>>8589554
No, the Wahhabis came into prominence when they gave moral backing to the Saud campaign to control the Arabian peninsula.

Ira Lepidus and Hugh Kennedy are a good start.
>>
>>8589554
Although there are notable similarities between Wahhabist thought and the Reformation, notably that they both believe that there has a been an introduction of impurities into their respective faiths, Wahhab had a desire to resurrect the time of Mohammed whereas the Reformers were less interested in the past
>>
>>8589630
are they luddites?
>>
>>8589856
yes and no. If a technology is useful to them they'll obviously use it but a lot of the time they ban modern items
>>
>>8589871
>they ban modern items
Could you name some examples?
>>
>>8589630
>Is Wahhabism the Muslim equivalent of the Reformation?

Salafism is a more accurate term than Wahabbism, but yes, basically.

>Please recommend me some works that will help me make sense of Islam.

What is Islam? by Shahab Ahmed

>the Reformers were less interested in the past

Er what? They literally saw themselves as returning to the spirit of the Apostolic Church by preaching the Word.
>>
File: 9781466866720[1].jpg (270KB, 658x1000px) Image search: [Google]
9781466866720[1].jpg
270KB, 658x1000px
Read this, OP.
>>
>>8589554
Wahhabism is a CIA creation. Spooks invented it to create a radicalized Islamic philosophy in order to create terrorism. Terrorism is a false flag operation, all these terrorists are agents, coerced by agents, copycat useful idiots, etc. It's all theater. You don't think the truth about realities in the world are actually known by the majority of people do you? Take a close look at human nature, no one is good so it's extremely naive to believe the truth is what 'they' say it is.
>>
>>8589938
lol
>>
>>8589905
bananas, for instance
>>
File: BinLaden.png (371KB, 1275x721px) Image search: [Google]
BinLaden.png
371KB, 1275x721px
>>8589943
>I only read government propaganda

>Someone finally deleted the first entry on this wikipedia article, where is shows a few days after 9/11 bin Laden denied any involvement with those terrorist attacks. I just realized they deleted.

Also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Afghanistan
>>
File: binLadenDidn'tDoIt.png (326KB, 1270x727px) Image search: [Google]
binLadenDidn'tDoIt.png
326KB, 1270x727px
>>8589943
>the spook did a sloppy job though, I found it elsewhere

Posting 'lol' shows how low your IQ must be.
>>
>>8589956
Yeah, I'm a dumb sheeple who only reads government propaganda! Unlike you, the free-thinking conspiracist who gets his info from wikipedia!!
>>
File: terrorism.png (88KB, 1270x434px) Image search: [Google]
terrorism.png
88KB, 1270x434px
>>8589943
Also, forcing a people to engage in total war is a tactic the government also uses. Destabilizing a country in order to cause chaos to conquer it, divide and conquer.
>>
>>8589969
>not wondering why they deleted bin Laden's statements of denying responsibility for 9/11 Wikipedia
>criticizes Wikipedia, when it has sources in the footnotes
By the way, the source is directly from the video with bin Laden stating it, you drooling retard.

>I'm a dumb sheeple
Damn right, boy.
>>
>>8589969
what is it rn with any discussion i see on the web getting derailed by tinfoil hatters

maybe its because of the coming election... conspiracy theorists on edge
>>
>>8589554
>Is Wahhabism the Muslim equivalent of the Reformation?
Wahhabism is the complete opposite of the Reformation.

Only thing resembles Reformation in Islam is the 20th Century Turkish Kemalist-Islam preached by guys like these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ya%C5%9Far_Nuri_%C3%96zt%C3%BCrk
>>
>>8589969
You're the same kind of retard that denied the government was spying on citizens with mass surveillance and then after it was exposed then claim it shouldn't be a problem 'if you have nothing to hide.' Fucking morons. I fucking hate this new generation Z fascist sjw nu-/pol/. Bunch of pro-police state shillcucks. You deserve to be killed in terrorist attacks by your own government, because that's what's happening.
>>
>>8589980
>thinking elections matter

They only matter to fool morons like you into thinking you have a choice.
>>
File: COINTELPRO.png (247KB, 1275x696px) Image search: [Google]
COINTELPRO.png
247KB, 1275x696px
>>8589980
Your own government has been the real terrorists. Fucking morons. Can't wait to see your corpses on the news in another terrorist attack committed by federal agencies your tax dollars fund.
>>
>>8590005
>>8590001

>>8590001
>>8590005
Are you calling us retarded generation Z fascist sjwl nu-/pol/ fool morons?

Because that's not on!
>>
>>8590001
>You deserve to be killed in terrorist attacks by your own government, because that's what's happening.

Because I don't believe everything written on wikipedia. lol.
>>
File: gf.jpg (152KB, 719x1280px) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
152KB, 719x1280px
you should check out

Religion of Peace by Maybeh Al-Zuk Yaddek
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.