[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kafka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Franz_Kafka.jpg (13KB, 220x273px) Image search: [Google]
Franz_Kafka.jpg
13KB, 220x273px
what is /lit/'s consensus on pic related?
>>
Dope as fuck, obviously
>>
>>8588316
He was a shy, intimidated, insecure, doubting and unmanly faggot. So are his texts.
>>
>>8588316
Only ever read the trial.

In my opinion the conversation between K and the priest needed a whole novel, or at least novella, of its own. It felt like the heart of what Kafka was trying to convey but in its brevity there was no room for clarity.

I 'get' everything you're supposed to about the novel (I had to do it for class so even if I didn't grasp it on its own, which I did, it was spoonfed to me anyway) but I always thought there was something more to be said about that conversation, and the 'man' who waits to enter the 'door of law' but never does
>>
>>8588316
>muh daddy issues
>>
>>8588370
What does this have to do with the quality of his literature?
>>
>>8588373
Your thread doesn't ask what we think about the quality of his literature, dumbass
>>
>>8588387
It is not my thread, faget.
>>
one of the best authors to ever exist.
>>
>>8588393
can you dress up as a girl? fuck yourself.
>>
>>8588397
I can.
>>
>>8588396
Who is
>Goethe
>Schiller
>Hesse
>Heine
>Büchner
>Frisch
>Brentano
>Hoffmann
>Shakespeare
>etc.
>>
>>8588316
Amazing author, but then I love existential literature and he was one of the greats in that area.

Sad note. I'm an English teacher and I wrote a Metamorphosis unit for all of the sophomore teachers to use in our school district and all they did was bitch about how it was too depressing and boring and confusing to teach. I hate most English teachers. It's true, many just teach English because they're too stupid to get certified in other subjects.
>>
A Hunger Artist is one of the best short stories, period.
>>
Kafka's my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is anxiety, daddy-issues, jokes and verminous behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty roach cans, you open the book & WHERE'S THE ENDING you get an unfinished collection of ideas for something great and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BAM! you get a shot without a proper trial and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old kafkaesque, that card. "Whats the verdict?" he says, wheezing. Watch him as he shoves a pair of fake insect antennae and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look monstrous and verminous???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your stomach getting strapped into a torture device, which promptly breaks, and gets retired as he snaps his suspenders, exits castle right, and appears again hauling a huge golden bug.
>>
>>8588373
OP was projecting, unironically.
>>
His diary is worth reading.
>>
>>8588351
>I 'get' everything you're supposed to about the novel
Congrats, you might be the first.

>>8588417
>HESSE
>LITERALLY HESSE OVER KAFKA
Now that's embarrassing. You've gotta get an education m8.
Also,
>Brentano
Sure, he has a nice little niche of influence in Ethics and Value Theory. not Kafka. not even close.
>>
>>8588655
How is the bait tasting?
>>
>>8588435
This is a very kafkaesque pasta.. I think
>>
One of the few truly colorless literatures in the world. Kind of boring at times, though.
>>
Only every read The Metamorphosis, The Hunger Artist, and The Trial by him. I didn't much care for The Hunger Artist, but that was awhile ago. The Metamorphosis, however, is one of my favorites. Someone who had experienced isolation and burden is the best person to explain the feeling.
>>
>>8588425
Do you teach in California? You sound like my sophomore English teacher.
>>
>>8588343
thats what makes it worth reading
>>
>>8588316

Say, did you know that you are using 'pic related' incorrectly?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.