[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a good place to order books /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 34710.jpg (5KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
34710.jpg
5KB, 243x243px
Is it a good place to order books /lit/?
>>
Yep, I'm in Australia and use it all the time. The only problem is they often ship the books almost individually. Like 10 books arrive in 8 packages.
Where are you located, because there could be better places to look.
>>
>>8585027
Why not just use Amazon if you're in the US?
>>
>>8585027
yes
>>8585077
>MUH BURGERS
>>
I sometimes wait a month for a book to arrive.
But Amazon confuses the hell out of me so I use BD
>>
>>8585027
>>8585037
this and abebooks are a godsend if you live in Oceania
>>
>>8585077

Because there are plenty of better places to buy books even cheaper than amazon.
>>
I live in HK and it's the best option I have. Books usually arrive in 10 days and the price is considerably lower than local stores.
>>
>>8585027
I bought more than 30 books from this site. I'm from Argentina. Three times the package was lost (no tracking), and three times a new copy was dispatched the next day. No questions asked.
>>
It's a good option if you are not buying in bulk (Amazon is better because free shipping).

The only problem is that it takes a lot of time to arrive depending on where you live. I ordered some books and they took almost two months to arrive. If you are not in a hurry, then go for it.
>>
>>8585142
What did you do when the package was lost?
>>
File: boom.jpg (30KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
boom.jpg
30KB, 420x300px
For buying books, maybe, for other purposes, gonna have to go with the grassy knoll.
>>
>>8585246
you contact the website, they deal with so many books i think they can afford to just send another out right away
>>
>>8585270
>other purposes
>is a site that only sell books
TARD
>>
>>8585276
Ok,because I have been waiting for a book for 4 weeks and it still hasn't arrived.
>>
At this point something like 90% of my books come from Abe.
>>
>>8585027
it's pretty good, no complaints
probably ordered from them over a dozen times
>>
>>8585099
Fucking abebooks have sent me the wrong book and my mom threw away the order papers so I can't exchange it :(
>>
>live between central and eastern europe
>books arrive in a week
>free delivery

life's good senpai
>>
>>8585291
they sell tshirts, notebooks, and mugs too.
>>
>>8585246
Different anon. Bought a few dozen books from them. They usually arrive in a couple of weeks or less.
Sometimes they don't arrive after a month, then I send them a message and inform them about the situation. They send another copy over.
A couple of times I ended up with two copies of the same book because the first one was circling around the world and reached me after a couple of months or so. I didn't feel like returning them and used them as a gift.
>>
>>8585037
>>8585099
You have any issues with getting certain prints or editions?
>>
>>8585339
Booktopia if you live in Australia, I'm pretty sure if you spend like $20 or more it's free postage and the books are cheap!
>>
Amazon has better prices usually
>>
>>8585099
still waiting on some soseki from abebooks: its been a month and im aussie :^(
>>
>>8585839
depends on your location...in the UK amazon is the same as waterstones (high street bookshop)
>>
i use them in norway. when i lived in the us i mostly used amazon us, when i lived in the uk i used either amazon uk or book depository. i like that it's easy to find specific editions, and the free shipping. i don't like that they almost always ship out individually, so you end up getting multiple small packages.
>>
>>8585291
'Tism
>>
>>8585027
In my experience they're not that great. Ordered three books from them and waited a week to be told that one of the books I had ordered was cancelled because they weren't in stock of the book anymore.They refunded the one book and although annoying was Ok. The other two arrived a week later. Both of the books were hardcover but one has a sleeve which ended up getting bended because of the morons in charge of packaging the damn thing. Was upset but other one was fine. Overall the books had better prices than Amazon but they took their sweet time getting here since they were both shipped from the U.K. I ended up getting the last book from Amazon and it arrived faster.
>>
>>8586537
Im my experience, people who complain about BD, are uptight spoiled assholes. BD is pretty great. Use it OP
>>
>>8587007
this
fuck you faggot
>>
>>8585037
That's a big plus for people living in apartments with just a mail slot. That way you don't need to pick up the package at the mail office or whatever. But I guess you have enough space in Australia for porches for people living in apartments too.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.