[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what comes after postmodernism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: andy_warhol_10_marylins.jpg (93KB, 830x336px) Image search: [Google]
andy_warhol_10_marylins.jpg
93KB, 830x336px
So what comes after postmodernism?
>>
Nothing

All literature is dead

Life is gone

We're all fucked
>>
>>8584911
Memes
>>
>>8584911
postpostmodernism, it's already a thing
>>
Feudalism.
>>
>>8584911

Post-sophistry

I'd imagine it would be instead of learning about ourselves it's more to do with learning about the things around us as we make technological advancements.
>>
>>8584911
>Salient features of postmodernism are normally thought to include the ironic play with styles, citations and narrative levels,[6] a metaphysical skepticism or nihilism towards a “grand narrative” of Western culture,[7] a preference for the virtual at the expense of the real (or more accurately, a fundamental questioning of what 'the real' constitutes)[8] and a “waning of affect”[9] on the part of the subject, who is caught up in the free interplay of virtual, endlessly reproducible signs inducing a state of consciousness similar to schizophrenia.

Can't wait
>>
>>8584911
New Sincerity

CAPTCHA is residents
>>
irony
>>
Was the trend of Harambe memes an example of ironic meme posting?

Is adding desu to the end of a post an example of a postironic meme?
>>
Neo-absurdism
>>
>>8584915
ah, you must mean Atemporality!

"old people in cities, afraid of the sky"
>>
>>8584911
Nonpostmodernism
>>
>>8584911
Hopefully a resurgence of actual literary thought and elevated style

Realistically, memes
>>
>>8584930
this
>>
Metamodernism
>>
Can someone explain to me what post-ironic means?
>>
>>8586052
I usually use it do describe things that are both ironic and serious, am I wrong?
>>
>>8584911
The end of all human life, unfortunately.
>>
>>8586058
>am I wrong
"no"
>>
>>8586032
Isn't this already a thing?
>>
File: 1458877940289.jpg (489KB, 2796x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1458877940289.jpg
489KB, 2796x1036px
>>
>>8584938
So what's the difference? Isn't it just science?
>>
Wont be defined until half way into it or after the fact. Either way strife is the narrative now. Terrorism, social justice, and climate change.
>>
File: bart.png (69KB, 304x320px) Image search: [Google]
bart.png
69KB, 304x320px
Posteriormodernism
>>
>>8586189
hay caramba!
>>
Hypersphere by Anonymous
>>
>>8584993
Harambe was baneposting for normie niggers desu
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.