[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinite Meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

2 and a half months after starting it, I've just finished this book. Can I join your secret club now /lit/?
>>
>2 and a half months

pleb alert.
>>
the club is for people who pretend to have read it
if you actually read it, you're prementantly banned from the club
>>
What'd you think about it?
>>
whats the password op?
>>
>>8583879
There was a 2-3 time period when I had lots going on in my life and didn't read it at all. The rest of the time I just tried to read about 2% of it each day (read it on Kindle), which took about an hour at a time.

>>8583895
Dammit, I've been well and truly memed.

>>8583898
I liked the writing, thought it was a nice blend of humour and melancholy. I didn't like how the book ended without really resolving any of the plot, especially as I'd devoted so much time to trying to understand it (although I probably failed at that). I daresay there's a good reason for that though, hence why I'm now reading online reviews of it so that I can talk about it more intelligently and pretend I arrived at those conclusions all on my own.

>>8583906
Eschaton?
>>
i just realized that the author of this book you guys talk so much about, killed himself
>>
>>8583927
His greatest work.
>>
>>8583926
>I didn't like how the book ended without really resolving any of the plot
http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/ijend
This theory is head canon for many people, myself included.
>>
>>8583942
That's interesting, thanks. At this point I don't even know though - like other people I'm sure, I got bored when reading some parts of the book and didn't fully absorb the information, and now I'm wondering if I failed to take in some of the important parts. I'd like to go back and check certain parts or even re-read the whole thing, but I don't know if I'll have time. My to-read list has been steadily building up.

Regardless of whether I enjoyed it or not though (and I did, mostly), I was pretty astounded throughout the book at the incredible levels of research that must have gone into the book. Even with the internet helping me I'd never be able to write anything like the sorts of passages DFW wrote about game theory, optics, filmmaking, and so on. The guy was clearly a genius, for what it's worth.
>>
>>8583942

Whoa. The stuff regarding The Darkness is new to me.
>>
>>8583927
>>8583937
kek
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.