[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: ts-eliot-getty.jpg (176KB, 2048x1573px) Image search: [Google]
ts-eliot-getty.jpg
176KB, 2048x1573px
Hack
>>
He's better than Pound and Crane.
>>
>>8583786
You misspelt genius
>>
>>8583804
Pound maybe, but Crane? C'mon son
>>
do you care to support that claim
>>
>>8583786
Used to hate him before I started really close reading him. Fuck man, his early shit is unbearably repetitive (single line time-phrases, stuff about lamps and sawdust etc), but when he gets into the swing of things Eliot is probably the best american poet (despite his being in the words of another anon "a bitchboy anglophile traitor).
>>
>>8583846
Traitor, no, but he really did want to be English.
>>
Tear
>>
File: dasitmane.png (1MB, 954x1262px) Image search: [Google]
dasitmane.png
1MB, 954x1262px
YOU HAVE THIRTY SECONDS TO POST YOUR FAVOURITE ELIOT QUOTES
>Unreal City,
>Under the brown fog of a winter dawn,
>A crowd flowed over London Bridge, so many,
>I had not thought death had undone so many.
>>
>>8583804
>better than crane
>>
>>8583873
End of the endless
Journey to no end
Conclusion of all that
Is inconclusible
>>
>>8583873
Who then devised the torment? Love.
Love is the unfamiliar Name
Behind the hands that wove
The intolerable shirt of flame
Which human power cannot remove.
We only live, only suspire
Consumed by either fire or fire
>>
>>8583854
>854▶
>>>8583846
>Traitor, no, but he really did want to be English.

Who doesn't?
>>
>>8583873

Eliot is probably the most quotable poet ever
>>
>>8583917
>And I will show you something different from either
>Your shadow at morning striding behind you
>Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
>I will show you fear in a handful of dust

>Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
>In death's dream kingdom

>I should have been a pair of ragged claws
>Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.
Hnng this
>>
>>8583873
>The sea was calm, your heart would have responded
>Gaily, when invited, beating obedient
>To controlling hands

>I sat upon the shore
>Fishing, with the arid plain behind me
>Shall I at least set my lands in order?
>>
File: s.jpg (45KB, 468x312px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
45KB, 468x312px
Slash.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf copy of Knowledge and Experience in the Philosophy of F.H. Bradley by Eliot?

My school even has access to the journal where it was published, but that is part of the 'withheld date ranges.' Obviously, it's been digitized because it's on Google books or scholar or whatever. And all the other mega-data bases just give me wenises writing about Eliot writing about Bradly

Also, what do you guys think is essential Eliot reading.
The Golden Bough. The Divine Comedy. The Philosophy of Bradly. Anything else that he draws heavily from?
>>
>>8584101
And Conrad. He originally wanted to start The Wasteland with a quote from Heart of Darkness but Pound poo-pooed that as not being esoteric/grandiose enough, which normally would irk me, but that Sibyl passage...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.