[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

biography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_24405-51RY9M7R9ZL2060622488.jpg (54KB, 312x475px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24405-51RY9M7R9ZL2060622488.jpg
54KB, 312x475px
Anyone here into biographies? I've been enjoying Robert Caro's extensive research into the life of LBJ. It's super deep and relates Lyndon's own fabricated myths of his upbringing with interviews of his contemporaries. I'm only on volume 1 of 4, with the 5th volume waiting to be published.

I've never seen a biography like this, but it's fascinating. Can anyone recommend other biographies that are as well researched and as readable? I plan to read all of Caro, as well as his book on Robert Moses.

What else is good?
>>
>biographies
you love self help books too, i assume.
>>
>>8582968

You're a goddamn scrub
>>
>>8582698
It's pretty great. It's amazing how dirt poor Johnson was growing up, and how he rose to power through sheer tyranny of will. I'd like to read Caro's book about Robert Moses

Anybody got other political bio recs? I'd like a good bio of Zhou Enlai
>>
>>8583643
>>>/r/books
>>
>>8582698
If you hadn't already specified your interest in Caro, I would have recommended the Power Broker. Definitely give it a read, it's fascinating if you're at all into urban planning or New York. Probably my favorite nonfiction.

I can't recommend any other bios; haven't read many. You might like Richard Rhodes' tome on the making of the atomic bomb. Haven't read it yet but I believe it delved into both the science of the bomb and the biographies of the people that created it.
>>
File: 51QYQHEF86L.jpg (37KB, 329x500px)
51QYQHEF86L.jpg
37KB, 329x500px
This is one of my favourite books ever written. Can't recommend it highly enough if you're interested in the Romantics, Richard Holmes is a fantastic biographer. And Shelley, what a life.
>>
Blake baileys biography on Donald Barthelme is pretty good and interesting. Got me into him too.
>>
>>8582698
the only canonical biography ofc...

Life of Johnson.Boswell
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.