[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I had my way, I would build a lethal chamber as big as the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: D.H.-Lawrence-21.jpg (972KB, 1500x1856px) Image search: [Google]
D.H.-Lawrence-21.jpg
972KB, 1500x1856px
If I had my way, I would build a lethal chamber as big as the Crystal Palace, with a military band playing softly, and a Cinematograph working brightly; then I'd go out in the back streets and main streets and bring them in, all the sick, the halt, and the maimed; I would lead them gently, and they would smile me a weary thanks; and the band would softly bubble out the "Hallelujah Chorus".[16]
>>
>>8536647
>you will never be lead to your eternal sleep by DH Lawrence.
>>
File: 1474521989398.jpg (1MB, 4152x2164px) Image search: [Google]
1474521989398.jpg
1MB, 4152x2164px
>>8536647
For future purposes
>>
To poet Amy Lowell in 1914: “Why do you deny the bitterness in your nature, when you write poetry? Why do you take a pose? It causes you always to shirk your issues, and find a banal resolution at the end.” To Katherine Mansfield in 1920: “I loathe you. You revolt me stewing in your consumption,” to which he amends this barb: “The Italians were quite right to have nothing to do with you.” To critic John Middleton Murry in 1924: “Your articles in the Adelphi always annoy me. Why care so much about your own fishiness or fleshiness? Why make it so important? Can’t you focus yourself outside yourself? Not forever focused on yourself, ad nauseam?” To Aldous Huxley in 1928: “I have read Point Counter Point with a heart sinking through my boot soles. … It becomes of a phantasmal boredom and produces ultimately inertia, inertia, inertia and final atrophy of the feelings.”

This is to philosopher Bertrand Russell in 1915: “You simply don’t speak the truth, you simply are not sincere. The article you send me is a plausible lie, and I hate it. If it says some true things, that is not the point. The fact is that you, in the Essay, are all the time a lie.” It gets worse from there:

"I would rather have the German soldiers with their rapine and cruelty, than you with your words of goodness. It is the falsity I can’t bear. I wouldn’t care if you were six times a murderer, so long as you said to yourself, “I am this.” The enemy of all mankind, you are, full of the lust of enmity. It is not the hatred of falsehood which inspires you. It is the hatred of people, of flesh and blood. It is a perverted, mental blood-lust. Why don’t you own it."

He ends the note to Russell: “Let us become strangers again. I think it is better.”
>>
>>8536982
>You revolt me stewing in your consumption.

In December 1917 Mansfield was diagnosed with tuberculosis. Mansfield spent her last years seeking increasingly unorthodox cures for her tuberculosis.

con·sump·tion
kənˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/
noun
a wasting disease, especially pulmonary tuberculosis.
>>
>>8536982
based
>>
>>8536982
>>8536647
Truly, dare I say, OUR guy
>>
>>8536647
Sons and Lovers and Women in Love are the books of his that I should read, yes?
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU0OTAxMjYxODM5.jpg (111KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0OTAxMjYxODM5.jpg
111KB, 1200x1200px
>>8537049
Bloom decrees so, I'm going to start Women in Love now, this thread sparked my interest too
>>
>>8537065
Women in Love is a kind of sequel to Sons and Lovers and shares characters so you are probably best off reading Sons and Lovers first. Either that or Lady's Chatterley's Lover are a good place to start with him.
>>
>>8537081
Thank you friend, I will do
>>
>>8536647
FIVEEDGYFIVEME
>>
>>8537094
I assume you're one of those redditors I keep hearing about
>>
>>8537099
I use both sites equally. Does that upset you? I'm also a woman.
>>
>>8537101
Nah it turns me on a bit if anything
>>
>>8536982
>>8536647
He actually sounds like a cunt, but after reading Sons and Lovers (which was quite good) I'm not surprised
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.