[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sci fi book set more than 50 years/far in the future >There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>sci fi book set more than 50 years/far in the future
>There are still old people
>sometimes aging/avoiding aging is even a plot point
Why do they do this? How do they not realize how stupid that is?
>>
>>8533268
It's almost like eternal life and eternal youth have been ideas that have plagued man's conscience for all of time.
>>
>>8533313
But in the future aging will be solved. It makes no fucking sense to do things like time travel or other conceptual super-advanced things in a sci-fi and then pretend the same civilization hasn't already solved aging. Aging is not as complex as FTL or creating matter from nothing etc etc., it's a thing we will DEFINITELY fix. So why use it as a plot point? It's like making a sci-fi in the '95 and making it a plot point that gif's take 10 minutes to load in a story set in 2040
>>
>>8533268
I'm not one of those >tattoos faggots but this girl would be a 10/10 without those hip tattoos
>>
>>8533268
dem childbearing hips
>>
>>8533331
Maybe future dudes consider it unethical to prevent ageing?
>>
>>8533268
look at this fucking fat disgusting gut busting cheeseburger scarfing tubby blubber butt
>>
>>8533343
I mean, that would obviously not fall under what I'm complaining about. Unless it's something deeply retarded like "you need to suck the blood of kiddies to live forever" because even if we pretend that's the solution, synthesizing blood is also something that won't be an issue in 50 years. But let's assume you mean a fundamental ethical problem with it, or overpopulation, etc., that's fine, not what I mean.
>>
>>8533331
The same reason the idea of epidemic and pandemic still haunt human conscience; it's more than just an innate fear aging itself, but the atrophy of human body, whether that blends into mind, the 'price of immortality', society as enduring rather than necessarily evolving, potential of eugenics and crafting of life, etc

Plus it's relevant; just because we think something will be 'fixed' doesn't necessarily mean we can explore parameters (how what when where etc) or the ramifications of said fix.
>>
>>8533350
>Plus it's relevant; just because we think something will be 'fixed' doesn't necessarily mean we can explore parameters (how what when where etc) or the ramifications of said fix.
well we pretty much know the parameters now though. We know the why and the how, it's the details that need to be plotted out. like "how do we remove cells degredation without it resulting in rampant tumor growth"
>>
>>8533346
low test
>>
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>8533586
me
>>
>>8533656
Como on anon. Not him but I really like her and I'd like to see more.
>>
File: aubrey de grey.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
aubrey de grey.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>8533268
Don't you normally shitpost on reddit, Aubrey?
>>
>>8533268
if you post shit like this, you better be ready to post source.
>>
her name is Avi Berri. I like books and read them pls no ban.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.