[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the Renoir of literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Grand-Illusion-1937.jpg (343KB, 1200x837px) Image search: [Google]
Grand-Illusion-1937.jpg
343KB, 1200x837px
Who is the Renoir of literature?
>>
I always thoguht it was cool how one of the best filmmakers of the 20th century is the son of one of the best painters of the 19th century
>>
>>8532681
Someone largely irrelevant by now.
I never understood all the attention Renoir gets.
>>
>>8532684
JG Ballard
>>
>>8532684
Finnegans Wake
>>
Maybe Zola or something
>>
>>8532685
Patrish genes

>>8532694
What have you seen by him?
>>
>>8532708
>Patrish genes
And contacts, and money.
>>
>>8532762
And growing up in an environment that breeds intellectual development and creativity.
>>
>>8532762
>>8532783
Nah it's deeper than that. If you look at their work frame by frame you can see the similarity in how they looked at the world. They had the same eye for movement, for things approaching and moving away from the subject. They had a way of relating objects and actors back at the viewer that is very social, very involving. You can tell they were both people-people
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.