[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jerusalem certifies Alan Moore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: aaaaaa.jpg (327KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
327KB, 1200x800px
as the greatest living English Writer, and one of the greatest writers of all time

its the Ulysses of our generation
>>
>>8532229
The best thing he's done is endorse The Vorrh
>>
File: 1436418648246.png (449KB, 927x540px) Image search: [Google]
1436418648246.png
449KB, 927x540px
>>8532229
holy fuck
stallman really abandoned himself
>>
>>8532233
kek'd
>>
>the Ulysses of our generation
that's not saying much though desu
>>
>>8532229
I'd rather read the Ulysses of Joyce's generation.
>>
>>8532231
Is The Vorrh any good? I'm intrigued by the description but I'm afraid it'll be genre crap.
>>
>>8532229
McElroy's still alive you stupid monkey.
>>
>>8532502
barely
>>
>>8532382
It's brilliant until the end, but that's only because the first 4th of the book is so packed with plot and amazing imagery that the end can't live up to the mainbody of the work.

Everything until that part is gorgeous and satisfying though. I'll never forget shooting the horse on camera and Roussel's arc.
>>
>>8532536
*3/4ths of the book
>>
>>8532229
anyone that tells you this book is good came from /co/
>>
>>8532542
False. Source: I've never been there, and it's still pretty enjoyable if not necessarily the "next Joyce".
>>
>>8532542
/co/ doesn't read, Dumas. Neither do you though, so why complain
>>
The English sure are desperate for some modicum of literary relevance, aren't they?
>>
>>8532229
Is he Jewish?
>>
>>8533203
Yeah. Have you already typed up your next formal letter of complaint for when the Nobel prize isn't given to a US author?
>>
>>8532542
/co/ doesn't read comics, nevermind books.

>>8533203
>The English as a group are pushing Jerusalem.
>>
Jerusalem thread with some actual discussion: >>8517553
>>
>>8533213
Uh no. The mental assurance that our "greatest living author" isn't a capeshit writing treewizard is enough to prevent me from making desperate pleas to the court of world opinion.
>>
>>8533243
Golly, do you mean that 4chan is the only place you grace with your insights? I say, though, for a local, you seem to be taking it rather well that your "greatest living author" is a black woman.
>>
>>8533243
Different Anon, but something tells me you've either read nothing by Moore (and take pride in the fact), or your exposure is limited to his lighter works like V for Vendetta and The Killing Joke.
>>
>>8533261
For literature?
Yes. Why though? Is this not being shilled everywhere else? I feel lucky then.

>black woman
Does this somehow change what Moore is? Honestly, it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>8532245
You're implying that the relative quality of literature in our generation is poor - and that toping it is akin to taking the least smelly shit, not that Ulysses is poor, right?
>>
>>8533287
both.
>>
>>8533287
obviously
>>
>>8533294
>>8533301
Ironically, you'd likely get along with Moore:

>What I was saying was that I don't think it was unfair to choose [The Threepenny Opera] as representing a big important cultural event of 1910. I don't think it was unfair choosing Donald Cammell's Performance as representing a big important cultural event in 1969 and I don't think it was unfair choosing J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter as representing a big cultural event in the early 21st Century. I would say that it you were to plot those things along the graph—the line isn't going up. I think that it's a fair comment that our approach to culture—in the mainstream—has degenerated [. . .] I wasn't saying that all culture in the late 21st Century was rubbish or I wasn't saying that culture was doomed. I was saying that mainstream culture was becoming repititive, was not having original ideas, would no longer be capable of coming up with a Performance, leave alone a Threepenny Opera.
>>
>>8533275
What about what Moore is? In what way did Joyce being a fart-humming wildersnatch change the quality of his work? (I'll tell you: it elevated it)
>>
>>8533219
Strewth, it's true guv'ner, we log into the server farm at foive and shitpost until noine. Yesterday me and me mate earned two bob and a crumpled packet of Walkers.
>>
File: 1458719971263.jpg (63KB, 915x766px) Image search: [Google]
1458719971263.jpg
63KB, 915x766px
>>8533243
>not liking tree wizards
>>
>>8533375
ikr
>>
anyone know if he doing a east coast tour?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.