[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 91RUwaX4MIL.jpg (723KB, 1287x2075px) Image search: [Google]
91RUwaX4MIL.jpg
723KB, 1287x2075px
Just finished reading Children.

Am I just dum or the multi chapter-long ramblings about prescience and politics (that being 90% of each book) are really really really hard to comprehend, with their paradigms changing constantly? I find myself rereading a chapter three times and having no fucking idea what the fuck is going on. I also have no fucking idea about the motivations of the characters, since they seem to change every other chapter as well.

There are passages about the nature of the universe and politics that do strongly resonate with me, but for each of those there are hundreds that make no sense or contradict each other and the main plot is also contradictory and absolutely unpredictable.

How many times will I have to reread this shit to comprehend it?
>>
>>8530761
You're just too dumb even for daddy sci-fi books.
Just stick to WoT or ASOIAF.
And never try Gene Wolfe.
>>
>>8530761
no your just too dumb. I read the entire series in highschool and loved them. P.S. I'm not even smart.
>>
>>8530761
Spice is Satan, Paul is the Antichrist who rapes his sister, Alia.
>>
>>8530761
Dependency is an addiction.
Alluded in the past mankind dependency on machines (computers/AI) led them to be enslaved. Then later dependency on all powerful spices in everything resulted addiction to it, which allowed Leto II to be God-Emperor of known universe.
Dependencies on prophecies and religions, allowed Bene Geseric to control the empire in background. Jessica (Paul's mother) used it to trick Fremen to accept Paul, but Paul end up really fulfilling the "false" prophecy planted on Fremen culture by Bene Geseric long ago.
Thus, Leto II set out destroyed all dependencies on the spices, on religions and on reliance on foresight, if not, mankind will stagnant and perish, that his ultimate plan - the Golden Path, considered achieved in Chapterhouse.
>>
>>8530761
Finished it for a second time the other day, was more enjoyable having read God Emperor.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.