[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Universal literacy was a mistake What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632KB, 1464x1986px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632KB, 1464x1986px
>Universal literacy was a mistake

What did he mean by this?
>>
It lead to him being the most popular of philosophers, so it's pretty evident, really.
>>
>>8530119
Why don't you read him? One book, any book really, would be enough.
>>
>>8530255
Because Nietzsche said most people should not read.
>>
>>8530266
poor bate
>>
>>8530119
Because once you open reading up to the plebs you have to flood libraries with bad books to distract them.
>>
>>8530208
kek

This
>>
>>8530119
I, uh, I'm not sure he actually said that, Anon
>>
>>8530119
Kids should go outside and play instead :^)
>>
>>8530119
Classic Nietzsche misrepresentation. He never said that, but if he did, you've obviously misinterpreted it because you haven't read all his works extensively enough to understand what that simple sentence truely means.

t. Nietzscheans
>>
File: W I L L E Z U R M A C H T.jpg (89KB, 844x960px) Image search: [Google]
W I L L E Z U R M A C H T.jpg
89KB, 844x960px
>>8530119

Universal university/college education would have been closer to the truth, OP.

He was a big fan of the old-school Prussian education system, and so was most of the world in the early/mid-20th century in fairness. You even had Americans learning German, just to get educated in Prussia.

This old-school was much more thorough, and far more particular in its choice of students than even the most allegedly 'prestigious' universities today. Nietzsche believed (to paraphrase him) that the only thing that justified states as we know them, which permit so many wretched human beings to exist, was the existence and fostering of genius. He believed that the ideal society would be ruled not by a single tyrant, but by several 'geniuses' (or 'creators' if you want to add a little Zarathustrian spin), a belief which was also partially shared by Plato. These geniuses would act as an Ancient Greek-esque 'check and balance' against one another, all of whom simultaneously being the cream of the crop.

He certainly didn't advocate neglecting the plebs, although they do have their place. One of the most memorable quips to me, early on in Thus Spoke Zarathustra, is that "small people have small values." He just didn't think the higher tiers of education should be open to them

In many ways he was absolutely right. Universal higher/third-tier education means we have a wealth of worthless degrees. Education, now more than ever, has become a racket.

Read Nietzsche's lectures on education. It's worth adding that he was a bit of meritocrat in this regard, believing that genius should be fostered wherever it is found.
>>
>>8530458
>In many ways he was absolutely right. Universal higher/third-tier education means we have a wealth of worthless degrees. Education, now more than ever, has become a racket.
Unemployment is up but demand for an educated workforce is also up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.