[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on the work of Plato?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (103KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 1200x1200px
Opinion on the work of Plato?
>>
thats da vinci
>>
>>8526832
No its Pynchon, depicted next to dave foster wallace who is cut out of the frame.
>>
right about literally everything desu
>>
>>8526825
I like most everything he writes even if i often disagree, and disagree with the reasoning when i do agree with conclusions.
>>
>>8526825
Too mystic, Aristotle is the superior greek
>>
Pleb-tier Idealism. Completely useless in 2016 unless you wanna read Badiou and he's mostly trolling when he writes about the Idea of Communism.

Even his cave analogy, widely considered the only salvageable portion of his work, is better articulated by materialist philosophers like Marx or Althusser who locate the political content of a society that believes in the reality of shadows.

The only people who read Plato are either stuck in an intro to philosophy course in a Catholic university or socially inept boobmen that got memed into majoring in the Classics.
>>
He's a hack. Still better than Aristpootle though.
>>
>>8526825
Inaccurate to life due to its idealist nature, symptomatic of a neurotic, and indicative of a liar.
>>
>>8527323
Ask me how I know you're an idiot.
>>
>>8527563
Easy. Because he disagrees with you.
>>
>>8526825
Genius. Worth reading and rereading.
>>
>>8527568
Try again, and this time, actually think.
>>
>>8527577
Because you're a /pol/ack and got triggered by the mention of Marx and Althusser?
>>
>>8527563
come on anon
>>
Confused human knowledge and the pursuit of truth with human well-being
>>
>>8526825
Are you even trying?
>>
>>8527583
If this is you trying, I feel sorry for you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.