[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's the short story coming, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1471101950038.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1471101950038.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
How's the short story coming, /lit/?
>>
not long enough.
>>
File: 1474047835069.jpg (35KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1474047835069.jpg
35KB, 500x508px
>>8526785
I'm about 75% done with my current. Gearing up to edit and release online a Christmas short i did a year or two ago.

Noticed how my shorts are getting shorter. Originally i was hitting 25-15 odd pages and now I'm usually beneath 10. I think my style has changed a lot since i focused more so on shorts than novels.
>>
pretty good, i think it'll be strong enough to get published (i'm planning to send it to some magazines)
>>
I'm not writing story, but I'm working on translating The Stranger. It's an enlightening process, and a lot more thought, time, and creativity goes into it than I could have ever imagined. Coming up with a great way to say something, that is both unique from other translations and accurate at the same time is a very good feeling.

That is just from French to English, two very similar languages, you'd think you could just google translate the whole thing.

I also think the close study of The Stranger will help me with writing my own stories as well.
>>
File: 1474232742163.jpg (467KB, 1081x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1474232742163.jpg
467KB, 1081x1400px
>>8526785
swell, except that it's supposed to be a narrative essay based in "real life" and I don't actually do anything besides sit in for 20 hours a day. I'll just have to wait and see what lengths the professor will go to prove that it did or did not happen.
>>
>>8526785
>alligator jumps his ass
>>
I basically ripped off a George Saunders short story, showed it to a girl I liked. She let me finger fuck her and cum on her feet.......so pretty good.
>>
I started this story, but I think it would just be a shitty version of Oblomov. That book is too perfect.

I wanted to explore the idea of what if a man gave up control of his life. It would mostly be an analogy for the way many western countries have given up their sovereignty, and how many people have given up their rights, unwittingly to a handful of elites. I think in the end it would be too similar to Oblomov. Someone who's life drifts away in an aimless comfort while others take care of him.
>>
>>8526785
That is absolutely putrid. Anyone that has been to a swamp knows that smell is nearly unbearable. All the green algae at the surface smells like fucking shit, so you know sitting in it is just awful. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy left the swamp with AIDS.
>>
>>8527642
You so Recognitions
>>
>>8526785
those might be 3d glasses on his desk
>>
File: me tbh.png (2MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
me tbh.png
2MB, 1280x853px
>>8526785
me
>>
File: 1224906208116.jpg (157KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1224906208116.jpg
157KB, 800x600px
>>8526785
I was making great progress for about a month then just stopped and have had no motivation or inspiration, I think I might be manic depressant or chronically retarded
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.