[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any NaNoWriMorons here? Where are you writing from and how do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: NanoShield.png (36KB, 847x1236px) Image search: [Google]
NanoShield.png
36KB, 847x1236px
Any NaNoWriMorons here? Where are you writing from and how do you plan to keep the pace?
>>
>>8524062
You realise this trend was specifically invented to promote teenagers to get interested in writing?
>>
>>8524062
the name is No Fap November
>>
I did it once in 2012 while I was still in high-school. The story I wrote sucked though, I still have it sitting on my google drive waiting to be cut right down to a short story.

I was thinking of trying it again, but I honestly don't know if I could pump out so much shit again. I write at a very slow pace nowadays, so that I don't have such a mountain of shit to edit.
>>
>>8524074

Remember, anon. Nano's about volume, not quality.
>>
>>8524062

Riddle me this, how the fuck does anyone expect to write an acceptable novel in only a month? If you write 2000 words a day, you'll end up with a rough draft of 60, 000 words, which isn't long enough.
>>
>>8524087
They don't expect you to write an acceptable novel.

The whole goal is to just break through the first-draft block a lot of people suffer from.
>>
>>8524074
>mountain of shit

This is why NaNo is retarded. It encourages people who are lazy for 11 months out of the year to write their dream novel, and the emphasis is on producing a quantity over quality. I can't imagine how many agents are inundated with poorly edited manuscripts in the following months after November. I'm still going to do it though, sixth year in a row kill me please.
>>
>>8524062
No, but I'm currently copying a first draft of a novel I wrote by hand into a word file and editing it as I go along. The full length will probably be about 120k words based on how much I have now with roughly a third of it done.

Never did nanowrimo because it seems like gimmicky shit for kids.
>>
I might do it, I have an idea but it'd be easy for me to run out of steam quickly.

I thought I might just write an entire book that is a battle (dunno whether it'd be historical or just fantasy) but it'd be 50,000 words taking place during one epic battle. I was inspired after taking a class on the US Civil War and reading up on some of the shit they went through
>>
>>8524087
You could write a novella, baka.

20,000 words.
>>
>>8524068
And?

There should be threads making fun of the bad parts of NaNoWriMo (which is to say, all of it)
>>
>>8524087
I wrote a 47,000 word book and it fit into 216 pages. I thought novellas were only like 20,000 words/100pages?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.