[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you get jealous of people who work in a different medium?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
Do you get jealous of people who work in a different medium? Literature has almost an eternal quality to it but the ability of a musician to access the irrational energy of an audience or live theater's vulnerability with the crowd is something I'm constantly jealous of.
>>
>>8524022
I'm interested in thought and expression. Loyalty to particular mediums is juvenile
>>
Of course, I wish i liked painting but maybe i would if i pursued it, i'd love to paint.

lit and music go together hand in hand with the writing elements.

you should pick up an instrument and get lessons.
>>
>>8524025
But mastery of a medium is important in conveying a message. Every type of art has certain mechanics or structure required to effectively communicate. Once you choose to invest your time in a certain art, you're inevitably sacrificing time you could spend mastering a different medium that could be better suited in delivering the kind of creative work you're trying to do.
>>
>>8524022
I wish I were more talented in visual mediums that aren't photography. I enjoy photography as a hobby, but even with heavy photoediting I can't actually put what's in my head into a photo. I don't like the idea of limiting myself to one medium, but even my handwriting is utter shit.
>>
Btw incase anyone didn't know, keroac had some of the best spoken word put out in history, being /lit/ minded helps writing insanely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS4xa53MWSY
>>
>>8524042
One could also argue that investment in a variety of arts has a synthetic benefit.
Many classic composers were voracious readers and I wonder if their work would have been possible without that influence. In turn I think its unquestionable that music has had a great influence on the progress of literature
>>
>>8524060
Good argument. I guess the key now is make enough money creatively to allow more time to be spent pursuing side projects that aren't going to make you money.
>>
>>8524022
Trust me, lit is the best medium, it's the only art form that values intelligence. Every other art, might have the visceral audience, but they tend to be total retards.
>>
>>8524022
Endlessly jealous. It eats through my mind

No. But I do draw and play few instruments. I am no great musician or artist, but both bring me joy and pleasure.
>>
>>8524138
>intelligence
Nice meme.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.