[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best/smartest post-apocalyptic literature? No zombie shit pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: PA.jpg (86KB, 900x524px) Image search: [Google]
PA.jpg
86KB, 900x524px
Best/smartest post-apocalyptic literature?

No zombie shit pls
>>
>>8523555
The Road. It basically just /threaded the genre
>>
>>8523555
Lord of the Flies.
>>
>>8523555
Does it need to be literal post-apocalypse? Like, the world ended or whatever? In that case, >>8523560 is probably best.
>>
>>8523555
The Scarlet Plague is decent.
>>
In the hypothetical case that the answer be negative.

What do you recommend?
>>
>>8523720

This shit is for you: >>8523632
>>
>>8523555

The Passage was good. Did both vampirism and post-apoc right in my eyes.
>>
File: World_War_Z_book_cover.jpg (68KB, 219x324px) Image search: [Google]
World_War_Z_book_cover.jpg
68KB, 219x324px
>>8523555
>No zombie shit pls
>mfw I unironically enjoy this book
>>
>>8523555
the iron heel, the sleeper awakes
>>
>>8523555
The correct answer is Riddley Walker.

It is about people living in the area around Canterbury, England, centuries after a nuclear war as decimated the world. The level of develop has been set back to about the iron age, and people scavenge iron and steel from now ancient machines whose purpose they do not know. Most people are illiterate, except of a sort of elite class, of which the protagonist and first-person narrator, Riddley, is a part. The dialect and spelling are meant to reflect the passage or centuries and loss of historical knowledge. A central theme is misinterpretation.

>He wer crookit he wer badstock
>He wer not boath sides the same
>Which the knowing brung the doing
>And the doing brung the shame
>>
>>8523728
Yeah, I enjoyed passage. It kinda went too far with bullerproofness of the "vampires", but it sure helped make them scary.
>>
>>8523859
Yeah, I would really recommend the passage. I liked that the vampires are scary and monstrous instead of human-like. I enjoyed the breakdown of society and the world that comes after.
>>
File: s_Pr0_NM.jpg (67KB, 755x1224px) Image search: [Google]
s_Pr0_NM.jpg
67KB, 755x1224px
Beautiful prose, art & philosophy, and ultra-subtle feels. Also happens to be post-apocalyptic.
>>
>>8523560
The Road is a generic mediocrity.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.