[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best introspective books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (6KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 200x252px
Books like stoner, the catcher in the rye, lonesome dove, and one flew over the cuckoos nest.
>>
File: VuPSJhv.png (949KB, 1460x896px) Image search: [Google]
VuPSJhv.png
949KB, 1460x896px
Also does anyone know any books with protagonists that are insecure about how intelligent they are?
>>
>>8522851
being and time
>>
>>8522857
>protagonists are insecure about intelligence
Read John Green. Even though he is the author this feeling is also seen in his characters
>>
>>8522851
Dying Inside by Robert Silverberg, the story of a telepath who is coming to terms with losing his powers. Yes it's SF, yes it's a literary work.
>>
>>8522851
Apparently Locke was a libertine fuck machine, and Newton was an autistic robot. But they were friends, and Newton never wanted to hang because Locke would always make him uncomfortable by trying to get him laid. So Newton eventually stopped answering his calls and went full NEET, focusing on alchemy, black majic and so on.

I read that, so yea, whatever that's worth.
>>
>>8523041
holy... I want more
>>
>>8522851
A Rebours by Huysmans
Notes From Underground by Dostoevsky
In Search of Lost Time by Proust
>>
>>8522884
>answering his calls
Almost had me.

Nonetheless, you get 2/10 for putting in the effort.
>>
Middlemarch is great, simple events and happenings blown up to the umpteenth degree and turned into a full psychological study on nothingness.

Probably more then half the books focused on the inside happenings.
>>
The Magic Mountain
Brothers Karamazov
>>
Descartes and many of the continental Rationalists are some of the first guys to expound on the idea of knowledge being gained from introspection rather than public dialogue.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.