[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ernest Hemingway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ErnestHemingway.jpg (219KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
ErnestHemingway.jpg
219KB, 800x999px
Interested in starting readying the works of Ernest Hemingway soon. Any suggestions on which ones I should read?
>>
All of them tbqhfam.
>>
File: 1473696747423.jpg (39KB, 412x380px) Image search: [Google]
1473696747423.jpg
39KB, 412x380px
I only read For Whom the Bell Tolls and it's fucking trash. The only good thing about it is the setting and he does all he can to ruin it.
>>
Pass him on by, anon. He was a proto-meme in the schools for awhile, but he doesn't really hold up.
>>
>>8522313
This
>>
>>8522242
All of them, understand what he is trying to achieve with them

The sun also rises is probably his best, followed by the old man and the sea

Nu males honestly will just not understand Hemingway

>>8522258
It's good imo. He does a good job on recreating the very human side of war, you might of missed the point, Robert Jordan waiting around for his imminent death and dying for the cause, the effects on Pablo, the beauracracy
>>
Start with a couple short stories

>The Snows of Kiliminjaro (sp?)
>Hills Like White Elephants
>The Capital of the World

Then read

>A Farewell to Arms
>Old Man and the Sea

And if you want his autobiographical book concerning his life as a member of the "lost" generation,

>A Moveable Feast

Obviously you can read whatever the hell you want but you asked for suggestions. His short stories are his best IMO
>>
For Whom the Bell Tolls is great, don't listen to anyone who says otherwise
>>
He's complete shit, don't listen to anyone who tries to meme you into thinking otherwise.
>>
I'd say read sun also rises, farewell, and for whom the bell tolls before the old man. If you want to skip one of those go for it but i feel that you kinda want a feel for how he writes before you read the old man. And go in knowing thats the last thing he wrote before he offed himself.
>>
File: buenaventura-durrutis-quotes-4.jpg (67KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
buenaventura-durrutis-quotes-4.jpg
67KB, 600x357px
>>8522326
>you might of missed the point
Not as much as he did.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.