[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 51ZWM2BWY0L.jpg (87KB, 675x500px) Image search: [Google]
51ZWM2BWY0L.jpg
87KB, 675x500px
What should I expect? Please, no spoilers.
>>
File: 1473384255614.jpg (109KB, 490x350px) Image search: [Google]
1473384255614.jpg
109KB, 490x350px
Disliken as he was to druriodrama, her
wife Langley, the prophet, and the decentest dozendest short of a frusker
whoever stuck his spickle through his spoke, disappeared, (in which
toodooing he has taken all the French leaves unveilable out of
Calomnequiller's Pravities) from the sourface of this earth, that austral
plain he had transmaried himself to, so entirely spoorlessly (the mother
of the book with a dustwhisk tabularasing his obliteration done upon her
involucrum) as to tickle the speculative to all but opine (since the Levey
who might have been Langley may have really been a redivivus of
paganinism or a volunteer Vousden) that the hobo (who possessed a
large amount of the humoresque) had transtuled his funster's latitat to its
finsterest interrimost
>>
>>8521766
Either a formless and dull mass of phony folklore or the greatest masterpiece of 20th century prose.
>>
>>8521766
He rapes his sister, Anna Livia, in an outhouse.
>>
File: dubliners.jpg (28KB, 260x350px) Image search: [Google]
dubliners.jpg
28KB, 260x350px
Check out my dubliners first
>>
Why would you ever want to expect anything
>>
>>8521766
Où nevers innuendo fit self
>>
>BIG FAT FELLOWS came roaring past Nora's gristly, billowing arse cheeks, out through her shite-pipe and on to my ready and willing face. May I never become inured with her stink!

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8521766

Have you read Dubliners and Portrait of the Artist first?
>>
>>8521817
>>8521906
Not yet, but I will read them first. Thanks.
>>
>>8521830
I want to get my money's worth.
>>
>>8521921

It's usually not much of a big deal to read an author in chronological order, but with Joyce it is a very good idea.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>8521805
>>8521816
>>8521817
>>8521830
>>8521899
Never post here again, memescum
>>
>>8521766
Expect there to be several layers of meaning behind the absence of an apostrophe in Finnegans
>>
>>8522409
You put the title wrong so no good answers.
>>
File: 1471232086734.gif (2MB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
1471232086734.gif
2MB, 300x332px
>>8521766
>caring about the plot in a Joyce novel
This must be bait. Right...
>>
>>8521766

>Ulysses

A jew getting repeatedly cucked by his wife after his son dies but learning to accept his situation.

>Finnegans Wake

A guy with subconscious guilt about wanting to have sex with his own daughter falls asleep and has a dream about being lots of different famous historical figures as a way to try to run away from his perceived sins.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.