[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Name a character in fiction that has had a major influence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 804421-gf.jpg (55KB, 337x550px) Image search: [Google]
804421-gf.jpg
55KB, 337x550px
>Name a character in fiction that has had a major influence on your worldview and explain that influence.
Mine would have to be Uthman Bayyumi from Naguib Mahfouz's "Son Excellence" or "Respected Sir". I haven't read the english translation of it as of yet, but I've been reading the french translation of it by Rania Samara ever since I received it as compulsory reading material when I was in 8th grade. I'm now twenty-one and I've been reading the book twice yearly for the last couple of years just to remind myself of my priorities.
The main theme in Respected Sir is ambition. In addition to that, time and the theme of isolation are also put forward in subordinate.
I've even considered converting to Islam and have unsuccessfully attempted it twice just to align myself even further along the lines of the main character but I can't help the fact that I'm a mostly unrestrained (I don't take it up the ass like the others do, I'm 100% top) homosexual libertine who fantasizes about cannibalism and necrophilia. Fucking sucks!
>>
>>8519492
>I can't help the fact that I'm a mostly unrestrained (I don't take it up the ass like the others do, I'm 100% top) homosexual libertine who fantasizes about cannibalism and necrophilia. Fucking sucks!

>I can't help the fact that I'm a mostly unrestrained (I don't take it up the ass like the others do, I'm 100% top) homosexual libertine who fantasizes about cannibalism and necrophilia.

Fucking degenerate.

A character who really changed my worldview is definitely Katniss, from the Hunger Games.
>>
>>8519492
Lee m8. Timshel and all that.
>>
>>8520031
>Female

Fucking degenerate.

A character who really changed my worldview would have to be Ignatius G Reilly though.
>>
>name a random character nobody knows then act as if the board was your diary
>>
>>8520036
It was just supposed to change your world view m8, not transform into him.
>>
Zorba nigga. He helped me get my head out of my own ass and realign my priorities.
>>
The Mountain King in Peer Gynt. His "To thyself be enough" (as opposed to "to thyself be true") really resonated with me. It's also how I understand Goethe's "I've rested my cause upon nothing".

Also Socrates tbqh.
>>
>>8519492
Don Juan Matus from all books of Castaneda.
Now i'm not sure if he actually existed or not but i began to see world in another different perspective after meeting with him, i became more peaceful with myself and with world
>>
When I read the Alchemist as a kid Santiago had an interesting effect on me.

Also Kage from Gav Thorpes Last Chancers. Relatable psychopath.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.