[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-fiction general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: President_Suharto,_1993[1].jpg (1MB, 1200x1537px) Image search: [Google]
President_Suharto,_1993[1].jpg
1MB, 1200x1537px
What non-fiction are you reading?
Any suggestions?
Anything in particular you want suggested?
>>
File: k8033.gif (84KB, 300x463px) Image search: [Google]
k8033.gif
84KB, 300x463px
Spent the first half of pic related looking up background info, since it covers a brief period of time in detail. It's great though, the author is clearly excited by the subject and it carries into his writing.

Does anyone have books on improving time management or organizational skills?
>>
Well, in order:

The Sense of an Ending - Frank Kermode
The Temptation to Exist - Emil Cioran
Black Light: Theory and Praxis in the writings of Giorgio Manganelli - Mattia Cavadini
The Image-Movement - Gilles Deleuze

Pretty good stuff, I'll tell you. Cioran and Deleuze in particular
>>
File: cover.jpg.rendition.460.707.png (409KB, 460x690px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg.rendition.460.707.png
409KB, 460x690px
got this for free, gonna give it a chance soon.
>>
Can anyone suggest some books about the Polish Underground, or other modern resistance movements? I'm looking for something mostly about the fieldcraft, methods, and tactics of resistance movements and guerrilla organizations. Much of what I've been able to find is heavily romanticized with the emphasis on human interest stories. I want to know more about how it was done, not who did it.
>>
File: 51AacrDDiUL._SL1500_.jpg (35KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
51AacrDDiUL._SL1500_.jpg
35KB, 328x500px
I started reading this, though not in order. I just have resd his essay on The Merchant of Venice, and it was one of the best Shakesperean criticisms I've read. The connection Goddard makes between the plot of the three caskets and the characterization of Portia, Shylock, Bassanio, and Antonio is mindblowing.

Both volumes are in Libgen, too.
>>
Currently reading Meditations and An Oxford History to Islam.
Where do I go next from here in terms of Stoicism and studying of the Quran/religion?
>>
I've just started Euclides da Cunha's Rebellion In The Backlands.
>>
>>8520632
Best book on islam is: Islam: Past, Present and Future by Hans Küng.

Amazon link here: https://www.amazon.com/Islam-Present-Future-Hans-K%C3%BCng/dp/1851683771/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474195644&sr=8-1&keywords=hans+kung+islam
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.