[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read mystical works >social life is destroyed Is this normal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Ascent-of-the-Blessed.jpg (191KB, 598x869px) Image search: [Google]
Ascent-of-the-Blessed.jpg
191KB, 598x869px
>read mystical works
>social life is destroyed

Is this normal?
>>
>>8517956
Yeah, you're heading the right way.
>>
>>8517956
yes very good
>>
Don't read too much esoteric shit or you'll lose contact with reality.

Read some Thich Nhat Hanh. He's pretty comfy.
>>
>>8517956
don't blame it on the books you're reading loser
>>
>>8517956
the only way out is forwards
>>
>>8518046
that's not the only way out, not even the best way out for you loser
>>
File: 1467354925904.png (513KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467354925904.png
513KB, 800x600px
mysticism is the true way anon. come, let us join together in our journey towards the One
>>
the deeper I dive into literature the more disconnected I feel from the people around me

hopefully one day I will transcend physical pleasure/social stimulus and live a quiet life in an empty plain surrounded by mountains, where I can spend my time reading and making art
>>
>>8518029
Rec me something to help me lose touch with reality
>>
>>8518817
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/lambtext.html

Study this until you understand each line and you bet you won't be from this planet anymore.
>>
>>8518821
Epic
Thanks brother
>>
>>8518783
It shows how impoverished your own perspective of human life is. The authors you read were inspired by the people who lived around them, it was their eye for observation and (not always) their empathy for human life that made them write. You on the other side?
>>
>>8517956
What kind of books do you mean OP? Can /lit/ recommend me some "mystical" literature?
>>
>>8518074
Who is the One?
>>
>>8518931
Good point
>>
>>8518985
Sophia.
>>
>>8518985
The "singularity"?
Maybe he means Anakin Skywalker
>>
>>8518980
the greeks built their philosophy atop a huge mystical tradition. check that out. examples would be stuff like orphic cults (iirc plato was initiated here), dionysian mysteries, eleusinian mysteries, magic, etc. most of which had rational and theological elements to them that were distinct but also intertwined

another example would be parmenides who was said to be a priest of apollo. his poem "on nature" contains heavy references to a goddess and he develops logic by divine insight through her
>>
>>8517956
Join a monastery mate.
>>
I never understood people who say reading lit makes social interaction more difficult.

I read 130 books a year and just make basic, thoughtless, cheerful-sounding small talk with people and I get along just fine.
>>
>>8518985

The Eschaton.
>>
Western society is about to reach peak egotism so yes.
>>
>>8519018
Nah, Jar Jar's a funnier character than we've ever had. As long as we get him working, everything else will fall into place.

oh why, George, why didn't you just get him working?
>>
>>8518985
it is
>>
>>8518985

The Pythagorean Monad
>>
File: teresa-avila.jpg (205KB, 813x1170px) Image search: [Google]
teresa-avila.jpg
205KB, 813x1170px
Embrace mysticism, OP. Walk by faith, and not by sight!
>>
>>8519074
>just make basic, thoughtless, cheerful-sounding small talk with people and I get along just fine.
that's one superpower i'd love to have
>>
It's customary to lose everything at first.
>>
>>8518029
Whats some essential (hopefully entry level) lossing contact with reality-core literature?
>>
>>8519482
Look up the corpus hermeticum.
Read the Vedas
Zhuangzi
Crowley's lectures on yoga
The experience of no-self by Bernadette Roberts
The cloud of unknowing
>>
>>8518985
Nothing is one
>>
File: jhana.jpg (72KB, 683x303px) Image search: [Google]
jhana.jpg
72KB, 683x303px
International mysticism is end game for humanity.
>>
God that Bosch is fucking fantastic
>>
>>8519518
>The experience of no-self by Bernadette Roberts

Lmao. You know that losing your sense of self permanently happens as a result of a neurological anomaly (some would call it illness) which cannot be forced, right?
>>
>>8519557
>losing your sense of self permanently
You can induce a loss of self-sense temporarily and that is what this text is probably alluding too.
>>
>>8519557
We're talking about different things. Roberts isn't writing about your average depersonalization syndrome.
>>
>>8518985
We are
>>
>>8517956
Yup. It'll balance out over time though, as you meet like-minded peple. Your social circle will be smaller but of higher quality.
>>
>>8519739
>peple
Goddammit I can't win for losing today.
>>
Bamp
More mystical /lit/ recs pls
>>
>>8518985
I is one is all is none
>>
>>8518985
me tbqh
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.