[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I strive to just find the deepest, most thought provoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

If I strive to just find the deepest, most thought provoking experience in a book that I possibly can, which will change the way I view the world and give me new reason to live, without some supernatural superstitious crap attached to it to give me false hope, what would that extraordinarily intelligent book be? I was thinking about reading infinite jest, buying a big ol hardcover copy of it too.
>>
>>8516574
Wow, thay dude on the right is salty as salt.
>what would that extraordinarily intelligent book be?
I am me, you are you, how am I meant to know?
>>
Start with the bibliography of John Green, and go from there.
>>
>>8516574

I like steve way more than linda. so sick of running into fucking cunts like that, concerned with being 'liked' by all the other vapid cunts concerned with being 'liked' at the office. if i was picking friends i'd rather have one steve than thirty lindas. steve says and thinks interesting things, linda takes instagram selfies with friends for literally an hour before everyone heads to the club. perhaps linda goes to europe but it is a hollow experience anyways and she should kill herself.
>>
>>8516613
I may prefer Steve as well but I think he is being unessasarily negative about the week. Yes it is somewhat made up but I don't think people are a slave to it rather it is a construct that can be useful for organizing our time. I do think it is important that we recognize that it is a made up tool.
>>
>>8516574
Schopenhauer's 'On Women'
>>
>>8516677
I just don't like how Linda goes into that conversation so jovially and comea out with such a nasty remark at the end.

If you don't like Steve Linda don't talk to him about your excitement about Friday.
>>
>>8516574
Definitely not Infinite Jest lol

You won't find the way to happiness by reading fiction, happiness is too subjective, people have different conceptions of it because different things work for them. Fiction isn't meant to be an all-in-one enlightenment package, it's meant to make you ask questions, consider certain lines of thought, and learn certain things about the world
>>
I have to get up at 5 am for a 3 hr math class. Not a fan of Friday.
>>
>>8516613
You are why everyone hates autists.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelzebub%27s_Tales_to_His_Grandson

Wait, no, somebody actually intelligent wouldn't have to make this thread, fuck off OP, you retard
>>
maybe The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann or The Magus by John Fowles

that being said, I don't think a book needs to be extraordinarily intelligent to be thought provoking and I think a book that affects one person deeply may not have the same effect on another

you sound like you want to carry around a large book both as a symbol of your perceived weight of the contents therein and to show off how intelligent your choice of reading is
>>
>>8516574

Without false hope there is no reason to live my friend
>>
>>8516777

that is objectively untrue
>>
File: MISTER.jpg (190KB, 426x595px) Image search: [Google]
MISTER.jpg
190KB, 426x595px
>tfw identify with steve
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.