[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epicurus isn't making me happy. How do I become happy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (216KB, 630x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216KB, 630x470px
Epicurus isn't making me happy.

How do I become happy?
>>
If you don't exclusively sit in a garden all day quoting Epicurus with your friends you're not doing it right, and you will never escape pain.
>>
>>8516330
It's too hot for that.
>>
>>8516305
Why do you want to be happy?
>>
>>8516305
stop seeking happiness in precooked aphorisms by some fucker from 2000 years ago or in advice taken from 4chan shitposts
figure it out for yourself
>>
>>8516379
ýeah, just figure it out like this 4chan anon advised you
>>
File: 1470511130598.jpg (497KB, 1437x1761px) Image search: [Google]
1470511130598.jpg
497KB, 1437x1761px
As far as I know you have to trace your problems and insecurities back to your childhood and find the root patterns of thought you inherited from your (bad) parents which cause you to continuously make decisions which make you unhappy. I believe it's usually some sort of dishonesty to yourself and others that causes unhappy. I think the majority of people are unhappy.
>>
>>8516609
This. You're unhappy because you're in conflict with yourself and resist psychological cramps of sorts. There are no new, bad experiences. Everything you interpret in your visual or auditory field is a result of old memories, old traumas, which you use to project them onto the present world. Cleanse yourself by meditating daily. Deep into your meditation, if something uncomfortable or frightening comes up in your consciousness - stay with it, identify with it, but do not shove it away. Let it be. Become that whatever you feel, become aware of its cause and redefine your reaction to it.

It only works if you stick to it.
>>
>>8516305
Look at the world or your community and ask yourself "how can I help" choose to fix small problems that do not require you to recruit the help of others. Work until you can not think. Sleep the sleep of the just.
>>
>>8516305

>wants to be happy
>reads old-fashioned, obscure, weird speculation (=philosophy)
>not scientifically verified positive psychology
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.