[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets see how your writing skills hold up when scrutinized by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: a plus nigga.jpg (14KB, 260x173px) Image search: [Google]
a plus nigga.jpg
14KB, 260x173px
Lets see how your writing skills hold up when scrutinized by an individual with a PhD.

post god tier essays from college
>>
>>8514265
>fishing for essays to resubmit with your own name on them
>>
>>8514269
>fishing for essays

My essay is already written. It's on near eastern ancient texts and chiasmus.
>>
>>8514290

it doesn't really matter since if your work gets plagiarized you're penalized just as harshly for negligence, and anyone could take stuff posted on 4chan

this really makes me doubt you have a PhD
>>
>>8514290
>i'll show i know what chiasm is, then they'll believe i'm really a phd!

SYZYGY! SOPORIFIC! DUGONG! EXECUTIVE, JUDICIAL, LEGISLATIVE!

FEED ME ESSAYS!
>>
>>8514295
dummy I was referring to YOUR professor.

Of course I don't have a PhD, I am an undergrad.
>>
I didn't produce any 'god tier' essays in college. I'm not sure that an undergraduate curriculum really gives one the creative license to do so, at least at my school. Having said that, of course, it's equally probable that I just tell myself that because I'm a lazy perfectionist incapable of getting anything done until the last fuck-it-that's-good-enough minute because if I have too much time I waste it antagonizing over sentence structure and phrasing and re-reading web pages on proper punctuation usage and consequently never produced anything I really felt was satisfactory.

My best paper was probably my critique of the simulation argument, in which I asserted that I wasn't really offering anything of substance and was only issuing some cursory thoughts regarding the argument. I deliberately took on a "hey don't mind me I'm just some guy throwing some shit out there" attitude because I noticed that a number of philosophical papers we'd read were written in a similar manner and I thought that might score me some points.

It did, sort of. I got something along the lines of a 'great job', which is dimly encouraging but also disheartening because it's a bit of a placation. Ideally I'd like to be simultaneously praised and lambasted in a "this is great, now here's everything wrong with it" way because it means I'm actually being taken seriously.

I really wish I could write in my own time, but I get frustrated and lose interest so quickly.
jdimsa u feel
>>
>>8514344
scholarly writing is necessary technique, that in some people or with dedication can become something special

ideas and brilliance rarely come across in undergrad or even postgrad essays regardless of student precocity

all that comes across, at best, aside from 1/100000000000000 scenarios, is
>this kid has the necessary technique down, good for him
and maybe
>this kid has raw talent but it's outside my field/interest OR i'm a mediocre academic myself so i can't recognize his lurking brilliance, but i can at least write him a good letter of recommendation and cross my fingers for him

don't sweat a lack of appreciation or recognition in undergrad, or again even as a postgrad. what matters, aside from having the necessary technique down (which is just professional training), is how much you love the subject and how much you have a nagging gut feeling that you could show up the entire profession with your brilliance if you got to the point of producing real scholarship

the people who feel they are "taken seriously" in their dinky term papers, and even their pissant thesis, tend to be the mediocrities, who have never felt that gut instinct so all they know is the rote technique
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.