[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get into reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1.png (225KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
225KB, 414x415px
I'm not really sure how to word what my question is, but I'll try. I want to get into reading, I got some books that seem to be well liked here from my library. I grabbed The Plague and The Idiot.

I've had the books out for about a month now, and I've read maybe 30 or so pages of The Plague. The book is interesting to me, I want to read it, but when I'm not working and have free time, I end up just wasting time on the internet as apposed to doing anything productive.

I could be reading, something I want to do, but I just end up taking the lazy route and go on 4chan or go on other forums or play games.

So basically what I'm asking is how do I get into reading? I've tried to a few times over the years and it just always ends up with me getting less than half way into a book, and just dropping it completely. I can like the book, I can be enjoying it, but I won't finish it. Is it because my brain is used to fast forms of media (games or movies)?

The obvious solution is "just go and read", but I'll end up taking a break not long into to get something to drink or to check something online and I don't come back to reading. I don't want to necessarily "force" myself to read, because that might make it feel like a chore and make me not want to do it. But maybe forcing myself to do it is the only way to really get into it?
>>
IMO designate a time of your day to read. I do most of my reading on the trains where there isn't even phone signal to dick around. If you have a park in your neighborhood just go for a walk with your book and leave your phone at home.
>>
you could try to find a more palatable type of book, or maybe a web novel; or you could try to read at a different pace.
>>
>>8513773
>How to get into reading
Read.
>>
don't do the things you think you can sacrifice for reading, it is a habit and it has to be exercised, call it forced if you want but eventually you will just sit for some time everyday and finish it or you can just not, the choice is simple but the act is there for you to do it
fun is not derived from it just because you think you are choosing instead of being told it is in the satisfaction of the interpretation of the work and maybe in the act of finishing, force if you have to but only because you choose to
>>
>>8513858
Yeah it would probably help to get out of my room to read, I'll try riding my bike somewhere and reading tomorrow
>>8513938
The issue is I don't know what to read at all, I'm not sure what I like, and I have little knowledge of literature. Maybe I should just start with baby's first /lit/ books?
>>8513956
I do understand what you mean, I'll just have to... You know, actually do it.
>>
>>8513773
JUNKBOT
>>
>>8514086
there is no free will, just let the words flow through you
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.