[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Catch-22 Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (48KB, 396x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 396x599px
Who's your favorite character in Catch-22? Mine is the chaplain.
>>
>>8513305
Hungry Joe
>>
I liked the guy who was obsessed with marching
>>
Milo chapters are the funniest
>>
>>8513305
I remember the one when they were supposed to bomb a city or something but nobody wanted to and someone changed the positions on the map or something to make it look like they did it and then they all pretended that the operation was done and successful
>>
This book is pretty much Reddit. Who's on first Abbott and Costello bullshit winking at the reader followed up by a sophmore year "the pointlessness of war" theme
>>
>>8513415
Spoken like a fan of General Dreedle.
>>
>>8513415
I think that's a little harsh, but not wholly unreasonable. Read Picture This and then Something Happened to see his style used in a much more intelligent and matured manner (especially with the latter).
>>
>>8513404
I liked the part where Yossarian got a medal for killing fish, after he purposefully dropped bombs into the sea instead of some random village
>>
>>8513339
Same
>>
The characters aren't really characters desu, they're only defined by quirks. In conversation they're identical. Also the chaplain got fucked by Heller's narrow worldview, he could have been interesting if Heller didn't condescend to him like "oh look at this poor bastard he believes in god isn't that cute." Not a christfag, but you can always spot a bad writer by how they treat characters who have some kind of faith.
>>
>>8514162
Maybe he was just an idiot who happened to be religious, why does a character who exhibits a certain belief/trait have to be representative of everyone who has that trait?
>>
>>8514176
A priest is typically the arbiter of their belief. Heller introduces this one to effectively throw stones at him. Total lack of nuance.
>>
Am I the only Dunbar fan here?
>>
>>8514181
>is typically

More induction
>>
>>8514196
cool
>>
Major Major was a a favorite of mine. I also enjoyed ex-PFC Wintergreen parts.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.